The Student Room Group

struggling with physics

I'm going into year 11 and physics is probably my worst subject, every single person claims it's easy and fun but no matter how hard I try I can't understand any of the topics.

Even if I pay attention in class, I just don't understand anything the teacher is saying, even if I reread things it still doesn't stick. It's the one science I cannot wrap my head around, so if someone was to ask me something about it or put an exam question in front of me I would be stumped.

Does anyone know how to solve this in time for GCSE's next year? like how to revise for physics effectively from the start?
Hey...
Physics is my strongest subject and I am absolutely in love with physics...
First of all start to enjoy the subject than thinking of it as something u must do just because it is there...
Use active recall when revising.
I always use blurting :smile:
Focus more on the mathematical side of it..
Practice, practice and practice..
Do a lot of past papers!
u got this....GOOD LUCK!
Reply 2
Original post by meoow
I'm going into year 11 and physics is probably my worst subject, every single person claims it's easy and fun but no matter how hard I try I can't understand any of the topics.

Even if I pay attention in class, I just don't understand anything the teacher is saying, even if I reread things it still doesn't stick. It's the one science I cannot wrap my head around, so if someone was to ask me something about it or put an exam question in front of me I would be stumped.

Does anyone know how to solve this in time for GCSE's next year? like how to revise for physics effectively from the start?

Is there anything specific you are having difficulty with e.g. re arranging equations or a topic e.g. forces?

I'm in year 9 but good at physics so I'm happy to try to offer some help!
Original post by .Vvoid.
Is there anything specific you are having difficulty with e.g. re arranging equations or a topic e.g. forces?

I'm in year 9 but good at physics so I'm happy to try to offer some help!

Same!!! if you want help, always there!!!!
Reply 4
Hi,
I'm having some trouble with a past paper in physics it's the Pearson Edexcel 2022 2PR question number 2 I got the answer for the a) i) as 208.3N but in the mark scheme it says that the answer is 908N. Please give me some advice on how to get this answer. Thank you.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hiya!
Use the equation F=(change in momentum)/time

As momentum is a vector quantity, this means that the momentum of the ball before the collision is -4.2 kg ms**-2 (assuming that left is negative), and the momentum of the ball after the collision is 6.7 kg ms**-2. Therefore the change in momentum is: 6.7 - -4.2 = 10.9 kg ms**-2.

I am presuming that what you are doing is (6.7-4.2)/0.012 = 208.3 N which is incorrect as the change in momentum is 10.9 not 1.5.

As the time of collision is 0.012 seconds, the force is 10.9/0.012 = 908 (3s.f.)

Hope I have helped!
Original post by Scoobydod
Hi,
I'm having some trouble with a past paper in physics it's the Pearson Edexcel 2022 2PR question number 2 I got the answer for the a) i) as 208.3N but in the mark scheme it says that the answer is 908N. Please give me some advice on how to get this answer. Thank you.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest