The Student Room Group

changing a level subjects

For years i've always said that ive wanted to take maths, physics and chemistry at a-level and i genuinely dont have a prolem with physics and chemistry, however, since day 1 i fully hated maths. everyone just seemed to get on with it and just sat there in pure confusion. i did my initial assessment last week and i came out to get a really bad grade. not to mention that i struggle in class and have a learning difficulty and anxiety (so i cant ask for help when i need it) from autism. i just genuinely dont know what to do but the thing that really solidified why i want to change my maths course is that i was just doing homework and for the past 4 weeks i havent been able to do any of it. im just so devastated because if i change courses i wont be able to do the course that ive been wanting to do at university since i was a young child and i'll have to change my whole career plan. i just feel so lost.

also fyi, i'm thinking about swapping maths with geography, so idk if physics and chemistry go well with it either but im thinking they kind of do.
Original post by jo_isfit
For years i've always said that ive wanted to take maths, physics and chemistry at a-level and i genuinely dont have a prolem with physics and chemistry, however, since day 1 i fully hated maths. everyone just seemed to get on with it and just sat there in pure confusion. i did my initial assessment last week and i came out to get a really bad grade. not to mention that i struggle in class and have a learning difficulty and anxiety (so i cant ask for help when i need it) from autism. i just genuinely dont know what to do but the thing that really solidified why i want to change my maths course is that i was just doing homework and for the past 4 weeks i havent been able to do any of it. im just so devastated because if i change courses i wont be able to do the course that ive been wanting to do at university since i was a young child and i'll have to change my whole career plan. i just feel so lost.

also fyi, i'm thinking about swapping maths with geography, so idk if physics and chemistry go well with it either but im thinking they kind of do.

What was your dream course?

Geography does go well with physics and chemistry and the combo is good for degrees such as environmental, earth or natural sciences. If you are struggling with maths it is best to change course now than trying to continue. An A in geography will be much better than a C or D in maths.

Quick Reply

Latest