The Student Room Group

How to get A* in Salters Horners A-Level Physics

As the title suggests, I'm looking to get the higher grades in physics but I'm really struggling (not putting in enough work I think) but I'm also really struggling to find any revision resources for the Salters-Horners based approach since my school does that for A-Level physics. If anyone could provide some tips or recommend some sites/revision resources to help it would be greatly appreciated since I am absolutely determined to get the A*

Thank you (:
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by ashisnotwhere
As the title suggests, I'm looking to get the higher grades in physics but I'm really struggling (not putting in enough work I think) but I'm also really struggling to find any revision resources for the Salters-Horners based approach since my school does that for A-Level physics. If anyone could provide some tips or recommend some sites/revision resources to help it would be greatly appreciated since I am absolutely determined to get the A*

Thank you (:

Now I don’t know about salters horners but I can tell you if your struggling with a levels physics there is a simple program to follow :
- take it one chapter at a time
- read the book for first chapter in syllabus
- watch et physics playlist on that topic and develop proper understanding, also pause the videos and try to solve each question yourself first
- make notes while watching the videos
- once’s done go back to the book and make summarized notes on that topic ( it saves days worth of time when revising or revisiting concepts during paper solving
Finish the book by completing each chapter this way then move on to topical and then yearly (10 years at least !)
Hope this helps
Original post by Aizza
Now I don’t know about salters horners but I can tell you if your struggling with a levels physics there is a simple program to follow :
- take it one chapter at a time
- read the book for first chapter in syllabus
- watch et physics playlist on that topic and develop proper understanding, also pause the videos and try to solve each question yourself first
- make notes while watching the videos
- once’s done go back to the book and make summarized notes on that topic ( it saves days worth of time when revising or revisiting concepts during paper solving
Finish the book by completing each chapter this way then move on to topical and then yearly (10 years at least !)
Hope this helps

Thank you so much, I will definitely try that out :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest