The Student Room Group

Favourite uni for a different course or original plan of course at a different uni?

Before results day I put Durham for Natural Sciences (physics and earth science) as my firm choice and Warwick for Physics as an insurance. Durham ended up referring me to geophysics which has far less of the physics topics I'm interested in available. I'm now struggling to pick between my top choice uni with a course I'm not as sure on, or the course I originally applied for but at a uni that I don't like as much. I've already made a pros and cons list but I'm struggling to come to a final decision, does anyone have advice on how to make the deciding choice?
Original post by blue394
Before results day I put Durham for Natural Sciences (physics and earth science) as my firm choice and Warwick for Physics as an insurance. Durham ended up referring me to geophysics which has far less of the physics topics I'm interested in available. I'm now struggling to pick between my top choice uni with a course I'm not as sure on, or the course I originally applied for but at a uni that I don't like as much. I've already made a pros and cons list but I'm struggling to come to a final decision, does anyone have advice on how to make the deciding choice?

Go for the course you enjoy. You dont want to spend 3 years doing something you dont
Original post by blue394

Hi there :hello:

You're in the unusual situation of being able to choose between firm and insurance, though I would definitely prioritise the course you're interested in over the uni you were hoping to go to. Warwick is a very decent university for Physics as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending