The Student Room Group

Life advice

So my parents were older when they had me and I have a brother who hates me, as well as this I have autism, depression and anxiety
I'm having a really bad time at the moment. I'm getting ready to start uni and have always loved biochemistry but feel to be falling out of love I don't know if this is just because a big change is coming up
I've never been able to make friends at school and the ones I've thought I had always left me out of things
I'm constantly having panick attacks of being alone in life once my parents die and keep thinking it could happen any moment now. I also keep worrying that I'm going to do a degree and not be able to get a job or not be able to work in a lab as I have sensory processing disorder. I also worry I'm going to get a job that I hate and get made redundant and be homeless as my family went through something like this when I was a teenager and things got really bad. And that I'm going to be homeless and I don't even know if I would be able to live by myself and don't know how to tell my parents that I don't want to / can't live on my own.
I had a really bad time at primary and high school due to bullying and people say that school is the best time of your life so what if my whole life is this bad then what is the point
Please help
Reply 1
Added to this both of my parents are only children so have no aunts, uncles and all my grandparents are dead ect. Also how do you know that you have enough money for a mortgage and bills when you don't know how much they're going to be. What if I never meet a boyfriend and have kids and I'm alone for my life
Reply 2
You have a lot going on. Where can you turn for support? A trusted teacher? A third party organisation such as Action for Children? Your GP or local mental health primary care? Support is out there. You just need to find the right kind. And remember, you don't need all the answers today. Some will come with time.
Original post by Anonymous
So my parents were older when they had me and I have a brother who hates me, as well as this I have autism, depression and anxiety
I'm having a really bad time at the moment. I'm getting ready to start uni and have always loved biochemistry but feel to be falling out of love I don't know if this is just because a big change is coming up
I've never been able to make friends at school and the ones I've thought I had always left me out of things
I'm constantly having panick attacks of being alone in life once my parents die and keep thinking it could happen any moment now. I also keep worrying that I'm going to do a degree and not be able to get a job or not be able to work in a lab as I have sensory processing disorder. I also worry I'm going to get a job that I hate and get made redundant and be homeless as my family went through something like this when I was a teenager and things got really bad. And that I'm going to be homeless and I don't even know if I would be able to live by myself and don't know how to tell my parents that I don't want to / can't live on my own.
I had a really bad time at primary and high school due to bullying and people say that school is the best time of your life so what if my whole life is this bad then what is the point
Please help

You need to keep your mind in the present. Don't worry about the past that's gone or the future that's not here yet. Please do your best with the situation you're in now. I have Hydrocephalus and I am convinced I have autism as well. I struggled to make friends at school, I was dependent on learning support and I've lost a handful of friends over the years over misunderstandings and suchlike. However, I have overcome low grade projections to succeed in education and I have a 1st class degree in Film and English.

Please don't worry about your fears, rise above them however you can. Surround yourself with helpful people who care about the best parts of who you are, and keep on going and don't give up on what you want to do with your life.

Quick Reply

Latest