The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

pharmacy at uclan

I got offered a place at uclan but I have a few questions
Is the pharmacy degree good?

I hear mixed reviews about the course. Are the teachers truly there to help? Are the lessons interesting, can you confidently say that a lot of students understand whats going on
also are the facilities e.g., computers, wifi good,
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Amanda501

I hear mixed reviews about the course. Are the teachers truly there to help? Are the lessons interesting, can you confidently say that a lot of students understand whats going on

ive heard pharmacy is a dodgy degree as its a bit oversaturated so job prospects may be tough to be honest but idk you do you
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by Amanda501

Hi there @Amanda501, :smile:

Amazing to hear that you have been offered a place to study Pharmacy! 🎉

It's completely normal to have these questions, let me help relieve any worries you may have.

Students on our Pharmacy course are taught by GPhC registered working pharmacists, pharmacologists, medicinal chemists, biologists, biomedical scientists and pharmaceutics experts who are very knowledgeable in their field. Students learn in our pharmacy practice suite, offering flexible teaching spaces and clinical skills areas as well as industry-standard scientific laboratories.

There will also be the opportunity for you to go on placements and here at UCLan we have strong links to the NHS so you'll be gaining real-world experience in pharmacy and healthcare teams.

We have many study spaces available to our students, our library is open 24 hours during term time and is well equipped with a full range of computers, printers and scanners, it also offers student study rooms and a dedicated quiet floor.

You can hear from the course leader and also what our current students think of the course here. :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best and we hope to welcome you in September! :smile:
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending