The Student Room Group

Official: University of Exeter A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the University of Exeter A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7259414

For general information click: https://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergradua...y-requirements

Selection process: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/v8media/recruitmentsites/documents/BMBS_Detailed_Admissions_Process_2024_entry_V4.pdf

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm predicted 3A*s, eligible for a contextual offer but my UCAT is 2660 Band 3 does that put me in low place?
Original post by Zaidat
I'm predicted 3A*s, eligible for a contextual offer but my UCAT is 2660 Band 3 does that put me in low place?

you should still get 100 points, which is the maximum
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Does Exeter still need a score of 100 to get an interview for 2024 entry?
Original post by JDeep
Does Exeter still need a score of 100 to get an interview for 2024 entry?

cutoff for last year was 95, we won't know the cutoff for this year until after the deadline i.e. when interviews/rejections come out
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by reubenn05
cutoff for last year was 98, we won't know the cutoff for this year until after the deadline i.e. when interviews/rejections come out

That seems to be a very high requirement, Does it mean A*A*A* are required at 9 Decile points?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by JDeep
That seems to be a very high requirement, Does it mean A*A*A* are required at 9 Decile points?

yes 3A*s but with 8th decile i think, so a ucat of 2670+ based on last year's deciles
(edited 7 months ago)
I'm predicted A*A*A* and have a UCAT score of 2670, band 2. I'm also applying as an international student - is it a risky take?
Reply 8
I get a score of 95 and im contextual, do i have a chance?
Reply 9
yes 3A*s but with 8th decile i think, so a ucat of 2670+ based on last year's deciles

8th decile for ucat was 2750 last year right?
Original post by sajibear4
8th decile for ucat was 2750 last year right?

2750 was the top of the 8th decile, so 8th decile was 2670-2750
Reply 11
2750 was the top of the 8th decile, so 8th decile was 2670-2750

wow thank you i didnt know the deciles worked like that
Original post by sajibear4
wow thank you i didnt know the deciles worked like that

Neither do Exeter 😂
Original post by MartyMorrissey
Neither do Exeter 😂

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Based on last year's deciles, does 2670 fall under the 7th decile?
Original post by pinkflamingo12
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Based on last year's deciles, does 2670 fall under the 7th decile?

8th decile
8th decile

Ahh, thanks!
I'm predicted A*A*A* and have a UCAT score of 2670, band 2. I'm also applying as an international student - is it a risky take?

So 2670 falls under the 8th decile, and my exeter score would be 98. Is it worth shortlisting? Any help would be appreciated!:smile:
So 2670 falls under the 8th decile, and my exeter score would be 98. Is it worth shortlisting? Any help would be appreciated!:smile:

may be a bit risky as it is unclear how exeter work out the deciles - they may do them incorrectly, thinking that your score would be 7th decile. i think the cutoff last year was 98/95 depending on how they used the deciles (2660/2670 + 3A*s)
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 18
Does anyone know where Exeter get their deciles from? Do they have their own or do they use the official ones from the ucat website?
Original post by Shslini
Does anyone know where Exeter get their deciles from? Do they have their own or do they use the official ones from the ucat website?

they use the ones from the ucat website i think, but they may work it out incorrectly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending