The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

transferring course at Warwick

has anyone ever transferred a course at Warwick with a level grades that are way below the requirement for said course????
ps. completely flopped my alevels and had to go thru clearing to get into a course I'm not keen on.
Reply 1
Most (probably all) departments will require you to meet entry requirements to transfer course at this stage, and that's if they even have space in the first place.

Some will sometimes allow transfers at the end of first year provided you meet certain grades, but it doesn't sound like a good choice to start a course you don't like just on the hope you'd be able to leave, since you'd likely be stuck with it for the full three years. Plus these first year grade requirements can be very high, which would be harder to achieve if you don't have an interest in the course you're doing.

Is there a particular reason you've gone for a course you don't like, rather than resitting/applying elsewhere?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Interea
Most (probably all) departments will require you to meet entry requirements to transfer course at this stage, and that's if they even have space in the first place.

Some will sometimes allow transfers at the end of first year provided you meet certain grades, but it doesn't sound like a good choice to start a course you don't like just on the hope you'd be able to leave, since you'd likely be stuck with it for the full three years. Plus these first year grade requirements can be very high, which would be harder to achieve if you don't have an interest in the course you're doing.

Is there a particular reason you've gone for a course you don't like, rather than resitting/applying elsewhere?

it was honestly a spur of the moment decision I'm still thinking of resisting and reapplying for 2024 but I wanted to get into uni just Incase it didn't work out

Quick Reply

Latest