The Student Room Group

Low ucat score

Hello, I have my ucat tomorrow and although I got high scores for individual mocks, (700-800) when I do them all combined I get nothing but around 2100 which is very bad and concerning and I’m not sure what to do as my ucat is tomorrow. Should I ace A levels and redo next year, or apply for dental hygiene and therapy and through that study dentistry? I’m very lost and would appreciate some guidance.
Wait until you've sat the UCAT to decide, lots of people often do better than they expect as Medify/Medentry/UCAT official bank is harder than the real thing
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Idkwahtusername
Hello, I have my ucat tomorrow and although I got high scores for individual mocks, (700-800) when I do them all combined I get nothing but around 2100 which is very bad and concerning and I’m not sure what to do as my ucat is tomorrow. Should I ace A levels and redo next year, or apply for dental hygiene and therapy and through that study dentistry? I’m very lost and would appreciate some guidance.

hey that's fine, you can still get in! message me for help :smile: i helped a handful of students get into dent this year
Reply 3

Hi! How did your UCAT end up? My mocks are terrible as well. I have 2 days and I have no idea what to do. I can't reschedule either. I use MedEntry to revise and my mocks are soooo bad. I've gotten 2030, 2020, 2030 and now 2150. I really want 3000+. I have 2 days how the hell am I meant to improve by 1000😭. Please help! Thanks. I really hope your UCAT well really well for you 🩷

Hi, I’m in a similar situation to you, and I don’t know what to do I’ve got such a low ucat score & not sure what dental schools to apply to. Any help?
Reply 5
Unlucky
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by (())
hey that's fine, you can still get in! message me for help :smile: i helped a handful of students get into dent this yr

help me asw :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by (())
hey that's fine, you can still get in! message me for help :smile: i helped a handful of students get into dent this year

Hi, I am trying to private message you about help with dentistry but it says you aren't allowed to receive messages
Reply 8
Original post by (())

hey i wanna apply to med , i have 2370 b3 , could you help me out too ?
Reply 9
Original post by Owls1999
hey i wanna apply to med , i have 2370 b3 , could you help me out too ?

maybe post in the '*MEGATHREAD* - The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread [part 5 of 5]' thread :smile: also consider doing the bmat depending on your predicted grades/ doing graduate entry med/ taking a gap year if you definitely want to apply for medicine.
Reply 10
Original post by d3rin13
maybe post in the '*MEGATHREAD* - The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread [part 5 of 5]' thread :smile: also consider doing the bmat depending on your predicted grades/ doing graduate entry med/ taking a gap year if you definitely want to apply for medicine.

thanks for replying , i think i already have , i did get some good advice from there , , I was just looking for someone who had been in a similar situation and got accepted ,
my gcses are 88877765( extenuating circumstances prepared for them in less than a month) ,
A level are A* AA predicted in bio chem phy ,
have wexp in pharmacy , gp sugery , lincolnshire training hub simulated wexp , online wexp in psychiatry , abdominal x rays , general surgery , gynecology and ophthalmology ,
community work- volunteer at BHF , helped out with a summer school for kids.
super curriculurs include a dementia research event , neuroanatomy and ethical books , debate , book , mdv , biology clubs at college

id appreciate if you have any advice at all
i am doing the bmat too btw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending