The Student Room Group

I got a low UCAT score - Can I still apply to medical school

I took my UCAT today got a low score. I got 2560 and my SJT was a band 3 which I’m gutted about as in my mocks I never got below a 2. I’m sooo upset I can’t believe how badly I’ve done especially with SJT. Can I still even apply to med school. Is there any one out there who scored similar with a band 3 on SJT and got into med school? Hope someone can reach out to me and advise. I’m just in shock and completely gutted!
hii! ur score is still good! dont beat your self up over it!
you can definitely still get into medical school, research unis that do the BMAT instead, BMAT is much easier !
or if your desired uni takes only UCAT, a gap year wouldnt be a bad option!

which platform did you revise with and how did it compare to the real thing?

also theres a thread called 'which medical school should i apply to' if u leave ur grades and ucat there u should be able to get a better response!
Original post by SM2510
I took my UCAT today got a low score. I got 2560 and my SJT was a band 3 which I’m gutted about as in my mocks I never got below a 2. I’m sooo upset I can’t believe how badly I’ve done especially with SJT. Can I still even apply to med school. Is there any one out there who scored similar with a band 3 on SJT and got into med school? Hope someone can reach out to me and advise. I’m just in shock and completely gutted!

i'm so sorry you didn't get what you wanted. The ucat really is luck based. it's not over yet though. you can still apply to places like aston ( as long as your predicted grades and gcses are good).keele also has a low ucat cut off and they use a 'roles and responsibilities' form to select people for interviews so have a look at that. QUB is a shout if you have really good gcses. Alternatively you can also do the bmat and apply for bmat universities. Well done for sitting the ucat!

if you have good gcses and you think it would be easier for you to revise the bmat seeing as it has a spec, i think its worth applying to 2 bmat and 2 ucat universities.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending