The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance Unis

So I flopped my as level for maths making my predicted grade quite low but I still have time to get back up. Does anyone know any good universities for accounting and finance that don't need high entry requirements?
Reply 1
What grades are you predicted and in which subjects? What are you targetting? Also - what were your maths and English GCSE scores?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
What grades are you predicted and in which subjects? What are you targetting? Also - what were your maths and English GCSE scores?

Maths - C
Photography - A*
BTEC business - I don't know as my school makes us drop an AS level if we get below a B (statistics) but maths was okay as I got good throughout the year
GCSE maths - 7
GCSE English - 6
I'm hoping to get an A for a-level maths if I work hard enough
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kankan06
Maths - C
Photography - A*
BTEC business - I don't know as my school makes us drop an AS level if we get below a B (statistics) but maths was okay as I got good throughout the year
GCSE maths - 7
GCSE English - 6
I'm hoping to get an A for a-level maths if I work hard enough

Wow - a real range of possible outcomes! Might a year out be a possibility so you can apply knowing your grades?

Do you have an idea of the type of university you would like? Large city? Smaller place? Campus? Region of the country?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Wow - a real range of possible outcomes! Might a year out be a possibility so you can apply knowing your grades?

Do you have an idea of the type of university you would like? Large city? Smaller place? Campus? Region of the country?

Yeahh
I would like to go down south of England or maybe midlands. To be honest I don't really mind any but preferably a city? If I do get the grades I achieve, I was looking at KCL, Reading and Kingston. Haven't really looked at much
Reply 5
Yeahh
I would like to go down south of England or maybe midlands. To be honest I don't really mind any but preferably a city? If I do get the grades I achieve, I was looking at KCL, Reading and Kingston. Haven't really looked at much

I suspect KCL would be a no go without a grade A in maths. I suspect Reading would be a good choice, likewise UEA and Swansea. Have a look into Swansea. It has a lot to offer. Aston is another course which seems to do very well for industry placements.
Reply 6
Original post by ajj2000
I suspect KCL would be a no go without a grade A in maths. I suspect Reading would be a good choice, likewise UEA and Swansea. Have a look into Swansea. It has a lot to offer. Aston is another course which seems to do very well for industry placements.

Ahh ok, I'll think about KCL tho if my grade does get higher throughout the year. Thank you so much for the recommendations, I'll have a look at them. Are there any unis that are close to London that have lower grade requirements?
Reply 7
Ahh ok, I'll think about KCL tho if my grade does get higher throughout the year. Thank you so much for the recommendations, I'll have a look at them. Are there any unis that are close to London that have lower grade requirements?

Royal holloway and Surrey seem to get good feedback. Herts did also but I’ve not met any of their students for a few years.
Reply 8
Thank you so much, you've really helped me a lot! :smile:

Original post by ajj2000
Royal holloway and Surrey seem to get good feedback. Herts did also but I’ve not met any of their students for a few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending