The Student Room Group

remarking papers

i got 2 marks less than a 7 in history, 3 marks less than an 8 in re and 3 marks less than a 7 in english lit. should i get my papers remarked.

i also get 5 marks from a 6 in physics and chem.
Original post by hafsaaaaaaaaa
i got 2 marks less than a 7 in history, 3 marks less than an 8 in re and 3 marks less than a 7 in english lit. should i get my papers remarked.

i also get 5 marks from a 6 in physics and chem.

I would say there is no point going for a remark if you are you are more than 2 marks away from a grade. It would be a waste of money if you didn't get a higher grade. Also if you have the grades you need to get into your A-level course, there is no point either way because GCSEs don't matter after you get into a sixth form. You just need a 5/6 in Maths and English lang to get into most courses in uni. If you are not picking History at A-Level, no point even considering a remark. Just focus on the A-level courses you are picking now and leave GCSEs behind because A-level is a HUGE jump from GCSEs. Anyway whatever you do, good luck :smile:!!!
Reply 2
Original post by DarkSunIsDead
I would say there is no point going for a remark if you are you are more than 2 marks away from a grade. It would be a waste of money if you didn't get a higher grade. Also if you have the grades you need to get into your A-level course, there is no point either way because GCSEs don't matter after you get into a sixth form. You just need a 5/6 in Maths and English lang to get into most courses in uni. If you are not picking History at A-Level, no point even considering a remark. Just focus on the A-level courses you are picking now and leave GCSEs behind because A-level is a HUGE jump from GCSEs. Anyway whatever you do, good luck :smile:!!!

I am picking history for a level

Quick Reply

Latest