The Student Room Group

gcse remark ?

so basically i got a grade 5 in maths but was 2 marks off a 6. in order to go to the sixth form i want to i need a grade 6 in maths. i got grade 6+ in every other subject but idk is it worth it to get the remark?
Definitely worth it to get a remark since you are so close. if you move up a grade, the remark is fully refunded. Also, the cost of remarking is comparatively not too expensive when weighed against the opportunity of going up a grade and being able to go to sixth form so you don't really have anything to lose when going for a remark.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by annoymous72
so basically i got a grade 5 in maths but was 2 marks off a 6. in order to go to the sixth form i want to i need a grade 6 in maths. i got grade 6+ in every other subject but idk is it worth it to get the remark?

You can look at the marking of your maths paper. If you think that you were mistakenly given too few marks so you should get a grade 6, then you should get it remarked. If you think the paper was marked correctly or there were more mistakes that increased your mark, then there is no point getting a remark.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
Reply 3
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
You can look at the marking of your maths paper. If you think that you were mistakenly given too few marks so you should get a grade 6, then you should get it remarked. If you think the paper was marked correctly or there were more mistakes that increased your mark, then there is no point getting a remark.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)

do i contact my school to look at the maths paper? or exam board?? thanks!!
contact your schools exam officer. they'll be able to ask the exam board for your script (maths paper).

Quick Reply

Latest