The Student Room Group

Mental health Advices

Hello! I'm about to be a year 11 student. And I've been diagnosed with depression and social anxiety. I have major anxiety and often got panic attacks at school.

So, since school is starting soon. I want to ask someone for help.. I moved to the UK ever since May. I am quite stupid and I'm not good enough for my gcses. I never took a single one back when I was in my home country. I know I shouldn't be this disadvantaged or stupid. But sometimes I couldn't help it but feel more and more useless.

I've recently been having a lot of panic attacks and I don't think it's gonna get any better at school. How do I calm myself and focus on my studies as well? How can I stop my panic attacks? How the hell do I have motivation to study? I'm so drained and I need help...
Reply 1
Original post by _lilinx_
Hello! I'm about to be a year 11 student. And I've been diagnosed with depression and social anxiety. I have major anxiety and often got panic attacks at school.

So, since school is starting soon. I want to ask someone for help.. I moved to the UK ever since May. I am quite stupid and I'm not good enough for my gcses. I never took a single one back when I was in my home country. I know I shouldn't be this disadvantaged or stupid. But sometimes I couldn't help it but feel more and more useless.

I've recently been having a lot of panic attacks and I don't think it's gonna get any better at school. How do I calm myself and focus on my studies as well? How can I stop my panic attacks? How the hell do I have motivation to study? I'm so drained and I need help...

Sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. I would suggest speaking to a GP about this to see if you can get some help. They may offer medication, or suggest a referral for counselling or talking therapies, both of which can be helpful.

I hope you are able to get the help you are looking for.
Reply 2
Original post by Nerol
Sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. I would suggest speaking to a GP about this to see if you can get some help. They may offer medication, or suggest a referral for counselling or talking therapies, both of which can be helpful.

I hope you are able to get the help you are looking for.

I will try to inform the school counseling team to help me with GCSEs thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest