The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Uni help!!!

Is De Montfort university a bad university for law, I’m not sure if they have the best facilities and was wondering if I should take a gap year and apply to a different university.
Original post by Anonymous
Is De Montfort university a bad university for law, I’m not sure if they have the best facilities and was wondering if I should take a gap year and apply to a different university.

Hi,

I cannot say much about the university as I have not been but when considering which university to go to you might want to visit the campus, book your place on an open day and talk to staff and students if possible.

You can also try looking at their social media or google what the area is like. If you can find alumni from the university that is a great way to hear about what studying there is like.

Good luck!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Hi there @Anonymous! We know it's a big step to choose a university that you would like to study at. It's great to hear that you're considering DMU (even just a little bit):colondollar:

For our Law courses you would be studying and taught in our purpose-built Hugh Aston Building !

You’ll have access to the building’s new £5.5 million extension called The Yard. This is designed to facilitate your learning experience with large and airy breakout spaces, a new Student Advice Centre for any queries and worries you may have whilst studying with us, and a balcony on the top floor - which has some great views:flower2:

Our Hugh Aston building is the main hub for our Faculty of Business and Law and has a dedicated law environment complete with its own mock courtroom, client interviewing room, and an integrated law library.:smartass:

Of course, everyone is different, and definitely you have to get a feel for a place first! As Alia said, the best way to see if you have found the right fit in your University choice is to explore the campus on an Open Day, or a Campus Tour!:biggrin:

Sometimes a break can be good too! Taking a gap year to figure out your end goal, or aspirations University or career-wise, can definitely help!

Best wishes regardless - choose the best route for you,

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.

https://www.topuniversities.com/universities/de-montfort-university bad world ranking in qs 2024 and in law has no ranking. So quite bad.

I think take a gap year and apply to a different uni. Law sometimes cares about prestige. Try something like a good RG e.g. newcastle, or leeds, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending