The Student Room Group

gcse results

I got my results and in all of my mocks i got 7s and above in everything consistently so i continued working hard to do better than that in my actual gcses and i honestly thought i did really well on everything only to be incredibly disappointed in myself. I'm proud that i managed to get an 8 in history and a distinction star in music tech but i got 5s in almost everything else with a few 6s. I am happy i passed but i'm incredibly disappointed that i managed to drop by so much. I now have to change 2 of my a-level options andi really don't know what to do.
I am also finding it hard to be genuinely happy for all my friends because they've all done so well with 7s, 8s and 9s because after i congratulate them i'm left feeling uncomfortable and embarrassed that i didn't keep up.
I know that its over and i need to move on because i can't change it but with all of my family asking how it went i can't help but feel upset all the time..
Reply 1
Don't worry....it happens to the best of us. You probably overworked yourself but hey at least you passed so just choose you new A-levels wisely and you can become "you" again!
Original post by nothoughts
I got my results and in all of my mocks i got 7s and above in everything consistently so i continued working hard to do better than that in my actual gcses and i honestly thought i did really well on everything only to be incredibly disappointed in myself. I'm proud that i managed to get an 8 in history and a distinction star in music tech but i got 5s in almost everything else with a few 6s. I am happy i passed but i'm incredibly disappointed that i managed to drop by so much. I now have to change 2 of my a-level options andi really don't know what to do.
I am also finding it hard to be genuinely happy for all my friends because they've all done so well with 7s, 8s and 9s because after i congratulate them i'm left feeling uncomfortable and embarrassed that i didn't keep up.
I know that its over and i need to move on because i can't change it but with all of my family asking how it went i can't help but feel upset all the time..

Hi! I went through something like this as well- l was predicted 8/9s but did not get that. It's ok to be disappointed in yourself but you worked really hard and gave it your best shot, so try to enjoy your summer. GCSE'S aren't everything :smile: If you really want to do the other 2 A levels you dropped, maybe look at different colleges/ sixth forms that may have different requirements to do that subject. Good luck with your A levels!
Original post by nothoughts

Maybe your teachers were just marking you wrong because my English teacher is a super strict marker I was getting low 9s with him but got very high 9 in my exam. Your teachers may not have been as harsh as the examiners making it a bit of a shock when you actually got them back.

Quick Reply

Latest