The Student Room Group

Is it wise to take 5 A-Levels?

Any answers?

Scroll to see replies

No, there is no benefit - you don't get "bonus points" from unis for doing extra A-levels.
Hey I wouldn’t recommend it unless you needed to for what you wanted to go into. However it also varies on subjects like I’ve heard maths and further maths sort of go hand in hand so it’s not like another subject although it’s harder. I’m currently in year 12 so maybe I do one of the subjects you’re considering so feel free to ask anything too! I do 3 A-levels I planned to do an epq initially with it but my school gives a lot of workload and exams so I couldn’t manage it so never took it so it varies on the school and subjects too as well as how hard working you are. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend it though as you would want to guarantee strong grades in 3-4 A-levels and many friends of mine find 4 challenging let alone 5 :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by propergoodman
Any answers?

No good school will allow it - only three or four with Maths/FMaths are needed.
Absolutely not. Even 4 isn't going to help you except in very very rare cases.
Original post by Muttley79
No good school will allow it - only three or four with Maths/FMaths are needed.

What about 6? I was thinking of doing Maths, Further Maths, Geography, Economics, Business Studies, and Physics/Biology?
What about 6? I was thinking of doing Maths, Further Maths, Geography, Economics, Business Studies, and Physics/Biology?

I hope this is a joke
save yourself and DON’T DO IT :s-smilie:
Original post by heinzbeans7
save yourself and DON’T DO IT :s-smilie:

why not 6?
Original post by Labradoodle1
I hope this is a joke

wdym!? :confused:

If you are being told 5 A-Levels is not a good idea, what makes you think 6 A-Levels would be a better idea? :rolleyes:
Original post by black tea
If you are being told 5 A-Levels is not a good idea, what makes you think 6 A-Levels would be a better idea? :rolleyes:

because i don't know if their answers are legit

they are legit
Please do 7 otherwise you are just wasting your time.
Original post by Admit-One
Please do 7 otherwise you are just wasting your time.

Doesn't 10 get you an automatic place at Oxford?

rly! I could do like 7 for 2 years and then 3 for 1 year?

They amended it due to an abundance of qualified applicants. It’s up to 12 and an EPQ now.
No Uni requires more than 3.

And - AAA will always look better than BBBBB.

Then why ask
why not 6?

OK, take a GCSE. Any GCSE. Now multiply the workload by at least 10, and the difficulty by at least 10. You have an A level.

You have to learn it in so much more depth, but you also have to know so much stuff in that much depth in so little time. 6 A levels is like asking the dentist to take out all your teeth with no anaesthetic. Torture.

Quick Reply

Latest