The Student Room Group

Unfair grade given in GCSE English speaking exam

I did my GCSE English speech or speaking exam back in year 10 and my English teacher who hated me gave me only a pass. I thought my speech was a distinction and so did many of my classmates. Everyone loved my speech. I feel like there is some sort of bias here. Is there a way I can remark it?
Original post by nxvraj
I did my GCSE English speech or speaking exam back in year 10 and my English teacher who hated me gave me only a pass. I thought my speech was a distinction and so did many of my classmates. Everyone loved my speech. I feel like there is some sort of bias here. Is there a way I can remark it?

The only thing I can think of is retaking gcse english. But was the speech recorded? Otherwise its the teacher’s word against yours.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
The only thing I can think of is retaking gcse english. But was the speech recorded? Otherwise its the teacher’s word against yours.

Yes it was recorded
Original post by nxvraj
Yes it was recorded

https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Appeals-against-Internal-Assessments-of-Work-Template-2023_24_FINAL-1.doc
From
3. [Centre Name] will, having received a request for materials, promptly make them available to the candidate. This will either be the originals viewed under supervised conditions or copies.

4. [Centre Name] will provide candidates with sufficient time, normally at least five working days, to allow them to review copies of materials and reach a decision.

5.[Centre Name] will provide a clear deadline for candidates to submit a request for a review of the centre’s marking. Requests will not be accepted after this deadline. Requests must be made in writing and candidates must explain on what grounds they wish to request a review.

6. [Centre Name] will allow sufficient time for the review to be carried out, to make any necessary changes to marks and to inform the candidate of the outcome, all before the awarding body’s deadline for the submission of marks.

7.[Centre Name] will ensure that the review of marking is conducted by an assessor who has appropriate competence, has had no previous involvement in the assessment of that candidate for the component in question and has no personal interest in the outcome of the review.’

Quick Reply

Latest