The Student Room Group

Home office immigration, enforcement and compliance 2023

What email address is everyone using to contact the recruitment team? I was given a provisional offer in June and told 3 weeks ago that I had passed all pre employment checks and obtained security clearance. Was advised I would be contacted shortly but haven’t heard anything since. I have emailed to query when I will be having the health assessment and for possible training dates but not heard any back. The whole process is incredibly slow!
What is the job reference and is it for AO or EO?
Reply 2
Original post by Ruby Woo 83
What is the job reference and is it for AO or EO?

EO - 271202: Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers
Sorry, not the same one I applied for
Reply 4
Original post by Ajj-86
What email address is everyone using to contact the recruitment team? I was given a provisional offer in June and told 3 weeks ago that I had passed all pre employment checks and obtained security clearance. Was advised I would be contacted shortly but haven’t heard anything since. I have emailed to query when I will be having the health assessment and for possible training dates but not heard any back. The whole process is incredibly slow!

I’ve just had the email saying have passed all the Pre-Employment Checks. Have you not already had the medical?
When I had a query about the forms I contacted [email protected] I believe.
Where have you chosen to be based? 😊
Reply 5
Original post by Pbowden
I’ve just had the email saying have passed all the Pre-Employment Checks. Have you not already had the medical?

Hi Guys, which one comes first the medical or pre employment checks? I have been given dates in Croydon for medical but havnt been sent any forms for pre-employment checks. The administration of this process is all over the place. it seems the right hand have no idea what the left is doing
Reply 6
Original post by Pbowden

Did you have to do complete a form for this pre employment check?
Reply 7
Original post by Seanm1379
Hi Guys, which one comes first the medical or pre employment checks? I have been given dates in Croydon for medical but havnt been sent any forms for pre-employment checks. The administration of this process is all over the place. it seems the right hand have no idea what the left is doing

I had all pre-employment checks first including obtaining the required level of security clearance. Then once they were complete, I had to attend the health screening in Croydon. That was 4 weeks ago and heard nothing since.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 8
Did you have to do complete a form for this pre employment check?

Yes it was a form with various parts to fill out. Once that is done they then commence the checks. I’m still waiting for a start date!
Reply 9
Original post by Ajj-86
I had all pre-employment checks
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Pbowden
Yes it was a form with various parts to fill out.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 11
I am in contact with my team we even had a teams meeting which they really couldn't tell us anything rather than it will be about mid October, however that is looking dim at the moment in my view

Oh wow really?! I’ve literally had no contact from the recruitment team. Where is your location?
Yeah.. mid October seems to be cutting it fine…
Reply 12
Mate, I have actually been given dates for the health checks in Croydon and been sent an email that pre-employment checks will be starting soon, however, I am wondering how is it I am having a medical before security checks. I am ex military and was also in the reserves up to 2017 so I had clearance before, I am not sure if thats why my security checks seem to be from a different angle.

That’s strange, I thought all the pre employment checks were required before the health screening, but yeah, maybe your military background is speeding things along. I’ve seen so many threads on here though with everyone at completely different stages of the recruitment process. Some people seem to be flying through it all, others are like me, plodding slowly through it all with little to no communication from recruitment. Quite frustrating!
Reply 13
Hh
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Pbowden
Oh wow really?! I’ve literally had no contact from the recruitment team. Where is your location?

Yes, we had a teams meeting as well. They are in constant contact with us , sometimes there is a long gap but we have cell number and all that.. I am in Birmingham but the team is spread out all over.
Reply 15
Original post by Ajj-86
That’s strange, I thought all the pre employment checks were required before the health screening, but yeah, maybe your military background is speeding things along. I’ve seen so many threads on here though with everyone at completely different stages of the recruitment process. Some people seem to be flying through it all, others are like me, plodding slowly through it all with little to no communication from recruitment. Quite frustrating!

it is so very frustrating. I did my interviews in February and after 4 months was on the reserve list. I then got an offer in the beginning of August and it stated that the official or formal offer would come next, its been 9 weeks and that official offer havnt come as yet but 3 emails came regarding health checks, the latest beign today with time and address of the location in Croydon and a form to bring with me.
Reply 16
Original post by Pbowden

Just had a message today saying pre-employment check is running alongside my medical, so I guess they are doing their stuff.
Reply 17
Original post by Ajj-86

The process is slow and strange because I am having my health assessment and havbt had any paperwork , but was told pre employment checks are running alongside my health check. I had security clearance before but I believed it expired however my recruitment seems to be much different or just all over the place .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending