The Student Room Group

2 marks off a 7 in maths, what to do?

for edexcel maths, I got 2 marks off a 7, im considering a re-marking, but it costs £51 and theres a chance of the grade not changing. I need the 7 to do a-level maths as my other options are all sciences. Is it common for 2 marks to increase in maths, I got 143/240 and need 145/240, so surely theres alot of places where 2 marks for working out or such could be found? What do you all think?
Original post by russell007
for edexcel maths, I got 2 marks off a 7, im considering a re-marking, but it costs £51 and theres a chance of the grade not changing. I need the 7 to do a-level maths as my other options are all sciences. Is it common for 2 marks to increase in maths, I got 143/240 and need 145/240, so surely theres alot of places where 2 marks for working out or such could be found? What do you all think?

yes its possible, 2 marks is very close. personally if you really wanna do A level maths and there's no other way I would go for it.
Depending on where you're applying for sixth form, would you be able to take AS-level maths or ask whether you'd be allowed to take the A-level with the grade you have?
The sixth form I attend offers AS maths for science students who aren't take it as an A-level and I know of a couple of people (though this is with direct entry from taking GCSEs at the same school) who've been offered more flexibility on their maths grade.

Failing that, it might be a good idea to get a remark if it's the only option left for taking your preferred A-levels.
Reply 3
Original post by Rufus The Red
Depending on where you're applying for sixth form, would you be able to take AS-level maths or ask whether you'd be allowed to take the A-level with the grade you have?
The sixth form I attend offers AS maths for science students who aren't take it as an A-level and I know of a couple of people (though this is with direct entry from taking GCSEs at the same school) who've been offered more flexibility on their maths grade.

Failing that, it might be a good idea to get a remark if it's the only option left for taking your preferred A-levels.

doesnt look like theres an option for doing as level maths, and I did try to ask if I could with my current grades, both the head of y12 and headteacher said no.
Reply 4
Original post by B7861
yes its possible, 2 marks is very close. personally if you really wanna do A level maths and there's no other way I would go for it.

I think I'll probably end up doing it, but I heard its virtually impossible for the marks to increase, let alone a grade increasing

Quick Reply

Latest