The Student Room Group

Re taking English Language

Hii,
Am I able to re take English language from getting a 4 to hopefully getting a 7/8 and not to the speaking exam… I got a merit when I re took last time… is that ok?
Original post by futuremedgirl
Hii,
Am I able to re take English language from getting a 4 to hopefully getting a 7/8 and not to the speaking exam… I got a merit when I re took last time… is that ok?

Which exam board? AQA make is clear here that you don't need to retake the Spoken Language Endorsement, as you can "carry forward" your merit:

"English Language 1EN0/1EN2
1EN0/1EN2 are linear qualifications. This means that resitting students must take both papers 1 and 2. However, they may carry forward their
Spoken Language Endorsement (SLE) grade if they wish, or they may also make a new attempt at the SLE and submit a new grade."
Original post by DataVenia
Which exam board? AQA make is clear here that you don't need to retake the Spoken Language Endorsement, as you can "carry forward" your merit:

"English Language 1EN0/1EN2
1EN0/1EN2 are linear qualifications. This means that resitting students must take both papers 1 and 2. However, they may carry forward their
Spoken Language Endorsement (SLE) grade if they wish, or they may also make a new attempt at the SLE and submit a new grade."

Yes, sorry I forgot to say but yes it’s AQA. I was just looking at the exam dates for 2024 and just came across that so panicked.
Thank you for your help !!

Quick Reply

Latest