The Student Room Group

Failed the Speaking Exam But Passed the English Language Paper

Do I need to redo it or does it not affect that much?
Context: I can speak English I just got nervous when presenting and it gave an inaccurate representation of my deep grasp of the English language.
According to what I have heard, the speaking exam doesn't massively affect on you...
But just in case you redo it..Make sure you have everything written down if you forget it..And honestly don't care about anyone infront of you cause they really do not matter...
Just be active and try to kill the fear..
I recently came in to uk...English is not my first or not even my second language...
The speaking test was the first time I came out to speak in front of everyone...
I shook off my fear and nailed it!!!! I got distinction too..
just trust yourself!!! You can do it!!!
I am not a teacher or anything but when we were doing our speaking exams, our teacher assured us that never in her life has she been asked for her mark on her exam, even as an English teacher! She said that they sometimes ask for it if you want to move to Australia... If you want to do it again, go for it and you can definitely do it, and it would be a great achievement in yourself if you do, but if you are really worried about it don't become crippled by the fear as it is really not important in my understanding :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest