The Student Room Group

Time management and Stress

Hello everyone! 👋 I'm in my late 20s and I'm finding myself in a bit of a stress and time management maze lately. Balancing between work and social life has been challenging, and I've noticed it's taking a toll on my productivity and overall happiness. I'm sure many of you have been through similar times.Has anyone found effective strategies for managing stress and time? How do you navigate busy schedules without feeling overwhelmed? Your experiences and advice would mean the world to me as I work through this. Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom! Let's support each other on this journey to better stress and time management
Reply 1
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Hello everyone! 👋 I'm in my late 20s and I'm finding myself in a bit of a stress and time management maze lately. Balancing between work and social life has been challenging, and I've noticed it's taking a toll on my productivity and overall happiness. I'm sure many of you have been through similar times.Has anyone found effective strategies for managing stress and time? How do you navigate busy schedules without feeling overwhelmed? Your experiences and advice would mean the world to me as I work through this. Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom! Let's support each other on this journey to better stress and time management

Well I'm a student who does part time work so see what applies to you!

For things I do to destress I do activites that I like (hobbies) e.g reading. You could try mediation, yoga or even a walk in the park. Excerise helps to relieve stress too! I like to walk in nature, nature baths if you ever heard of them?

In terms of time I would set a simple routine, there is no need for it to be rigid! I personally dislike rigid routines so I'm quite flexible. I usually try separate work and social life into 2 separate things. So work is work, social is social. So when you work just get down with it and when it's social have fun, relax!

In terms of work, this can only be general as idk what job yours is. However doing little breaks like 10mins every hour (only if possible) To do a little stretch or get a drink etc. Get a tea of smth to help relax yourself for the day and also b4 bed is good too! But also atleast 8 hours of sleep too!!!

Whenever I feel overwhelmed (whether it be at school,work...) I do breathing techniques to calm down and try back right on track. Never ever push yourself if you need a break do so. Give yourself some me time.

Hope it helps! Most of this is from what others told me and what u personally do.
- Trickia
Hi Trickia,
Thank you so much for sharing your insights and advice! Your suggestions really resonate with me, especially since I work as a site engineer with dual shifts. I appreciate your emphasis on flexible routines and the importance of separating work and personal time. The idea of taking short breaks for stretching and relaxation sounds great, and I'll definitely give it a try. Breathing techniques also seem like a helpful way to stay centered during overwhelming moments. I'll make sure to incorporate these strategies into my routine.Thanks again for your thoughtful response! It's wonderful to know that others have faced similar challenges and found effective ways to manage stress and time. Wishing you all the best in your studies and part-time work :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Hi Trickia,
Thank you so much for sharing your insights and advice! Your suggestions really resonate with me, especially since I work as a site engineer with dual shifts. I appreciate your emphasis on flexible routines and the importance of separating work and personal time. The idea of taking short breaks for stretching and relaxation sounds great, and I'll definitely give it a try. Breathing techniques also seem like a helpful way to stay centered during overwhelming moments. I'll make sure to incorporate these strategies into my routine.Thanks again for your thoughtful response! It's wonderful to know that others have faced similar challenges and found effective ways to manage stress and time. Wishing you all the best in your studies and part-time work :h:

No problem! Wish you all the best too xx

Quick Reply

Latest