The Student Room Group

Help with gcse art annotations

If its relevant my examboard is edexcel.

I'm still struggling with this as I don't quite know what to put. I have looked and tried how others do it but I'm still finding it hard. I'm trying to do good, short annotations to achieve a 7 to make up for my lack of skill compared to others. Short meaning getting straight to the point no waffling unless needed.

Does anyone have a structure they did that worked really well or got 7/8/9 in fine art?

Much appreciated in advance xx
Reply 1
Original post by Trickia
If its relevant my examboard is edexcel.

I'm still struggling with this as I don't quite know what to put. I have looked and tried how others do it but I'm still finding it hard. I'm trying to do good, short annotations to achieve a 7 to make up for my lack of skill compared to others. Short meaning getting straight to the point no waffling unless needed.

Does anyone have a structure they did that worked really well or got 7/8/9 in fine art?

Much appreciated in advance xx

I got an 8 in art and am doing Edexel A-level Art and Design—here’s what I do.

describe your piece: What did you do? Why did you do it? Medium? Process? References? If in doubt look at the formal elements and use them to describe what you did.
describe your piece in relation to artist: How were you inspired by them? What are some conscious choices you made to make your piece similar to the artist?
Conclusion: what would you change? How could you further develop it? (if you want really high marks then CARRY THIS OUT) Are you happy with this piece?

hope this helps!!
Reply 2
Original post by waffelton
I got an 8 in art and am doing Edexel A-level Art and Design—here’s what I do.

describe your piece: What did you do? Why did you do it? Medium? Process? References? If in doubt look at the formal elements and use them to describe what you did.
describe your piece in relation to artist: How were you inspired by them? What are some conscious choices you made to make your piece similar to the artist?
Conclusion: what would you change? How could you further develop it? (if you want really high marks then CARRY THIS OUT) Are you happy with this piece?

hope this helps!!

Thank you I will probably use this as my template from now on tysm! You explain it much simpler in my ops hahah

Quick Reply

Latest