The Student Room Group

Art GCSE

Hi, I’m currently in the process of finishing up my art gcse year 10 final board piece, I don’t think it’s the greatest art ever made but i genuinely liked it because i can see the amount of effort i’ve put into it. However, everyone around me has said that it’s a bad piece; I showed my dad a photo of my piece and he told me to restart it and, i showed my friends it and they said they liked it but i can tell that they don’t so I don’t know whether I should follow what they’re saying and restart it or go with my heart and continue doing it because I like it. My art teacher said it’s coming together nicely but art teachers just lie to make you feel good so i’m really struggling as to what to do. My board is due for the end of the year so I do have time, thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Jinsoul
Hi, I’m currently in the process of finishing up my art gcse year 10 final board piece, I don’t think it’s the greatest art ever made but i genuinely liked it because i can see the amount of effort i’ve put into it. However, everyone around me has said that it’s a bad piece; I showed my dad a photo of my piece and he told me to restart it and, i showed my friends it and they said they liked it but i can tell that they don’t so I don’t know whether I should follow what they’re saying and restart it or go with my heart and continue doing it because I like it. My art teacher said it’s coming together nicely but art teachers just lie to make you feel good so i’m really struggling as to what to do. My board is due for the end of the year so I do have time, thank you!

If you like it and you think it’s good, keep it! However, if you feel like it isn’t going to get you high grades, perhaps consider doing another one (but keep the one you did before and annotate it as development—it gets you marks!!)
Reply 2
Original post by waffelton
If you like it and you think it’s good, keep it! However, if you feel like it isn’t going to get you high grades, perhaps consider doing another one (but keep the one you did before and annotate it as development—it gets you marks!!)

thankyou! honestly now that everyone else hates it i feel sick looking at it so i'll try ask to restart
We're developing new GCSE in Art and Design for teaching from September 2016, and our draft specifications and sample assessment materials will be available.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Jinsoul

I would say be open to other opinions on your art work, the ones that give you new creative ideas and different perspectives, especially from your art teachers as that is what they're there for, but also learn how to know when opinions are not beneficial which comes with trusting yourself and your own artistic process. Keep going!
Reply 5
Firstly, it's important to remember that criticism, whether positive or negative, is a part of the artistic process. It can be a powerful tool for growth and development. However, the key is to distinguish between constructive criticism that helps you grow and mere opinions that may not necessarily align with your artistic vision.
[start]Regarding your current piece, if you genuinely believe in the value of your work and feel that it represents your best effort, I encourage you to stick with it. Artistic integrity is about staying true to your vision. However, if after careful consideration, you feel that starting over could be an opportunity for further growth and exploration, then that might be a path worth pursuing.[/start]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending