The Student Room Group

Anxiety about going back to school (yr13)

I received my timetable today and I’m going back on the 6th. I have a whole week left of holidays. I’ve been studying in the holidays and I’ve been achieving high grades all year round, but ever since I looked at my timetable, I’ve been getting this sick anxiety feeling about school.

Some of my classes I don’t like. On the first day back, I have a teacher who I don’t like: he favours students (not me) and these girls I sit next to (who get full marks in everything), he treats them like they’re some sort of god. I feel so excluded when he praises them so much, even though I get A*s in that subject. I get so anxious going to that lesson.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I received my timetable today and I’m going back on the 6th. I have a whole week left of holidays. I’ve been studying in the holidays and I’ve been achieving high grades all year round, but ever since I looked at my timetable, I’ve been getting this sick anxiety feeling about school.

Some of my classes I don’t like. On the first day back, I have a teacher who I don’t like: he favours students (not me) and these girls I sit next to (who get full marks in everything), he treats them like they’re some sort of god. I feel so excluded when he praises them so much, even though I get A*s in that subject. I get so anxious going to that lesson.

Your anxiety is so valid, it's normal to feel anxious at the start of the school year. just don't think of the teacher as a person imagine him as a means to an end. he has to teach you the content and you are there to learn. With the girls sitting beside you I'd say you just use them as motivation to get full marks on everything too. you've got this 😊
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, I'm going into year 13 too. Honestly, I feel like that in every class the best thing you can do is just hope the classes go by quickly. We only have about 7 months of school left including the half terms an holidays. It would go by so quickly. I still remember year 9 like it was last week. You got to keep in mind that it's temporary and after a-levels, you may never see them again.

Quick Reply

Latest