The Student Room Group

please help

i’m currently in year 11 and am staring to apply to colleges
but i’m unsure as what to pick for my third choice.
my two other choices are
-fashion and textiles
-spanish
but i’m unsure wether to pick business or media.
originally i was going to pick business and was set on it but now im not sure,in the future i want to work in fashion and marketing or buying.please help!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by profound-paean
i’m currently in year 11 and am staring to apply to colleges
but i’m unsure as what to pick for my third choice.
my two other choices are
-fashion and textiles
-spanish
but i’m unsure wether to pick business or media.
originally i was going to pick business and was set on it but now im not sure,in the future i want to work in fashion and marketing or buying.please help!!!!!

Firstly, if you have done Business as a GCSE or BTEC in high school then I feel it’d be best to carry that on into college. If not, many colleges offer the option to do 4 A-levels until Christmas and then drop one if you feel you are underachieving. If this sounds good for you then trying this out would probably be best for you. Most of all, I wouldn’t worry about what your picking for your applications too much as whilst it does give the college an idea about what your going to do, it is by no means permanent and later on you can properly choose what courses you would like to pick. For now, I would stick with business since you were set on it and see how you feel when you pick your A-levels. If media is the right thing for you, then you can pick that instead of business or try your hand at 4 and drop the one you dislike the most. Sorry if this is long. Hope it helps.😀

Quick Reply

Latest