The Student Room Group

A level options HELP

I’m in year 11 currently and am stressing so much about what to pick. Two weeks ago I was completely sure on what I was going to pick and where I was going but now I’m not too sure. I want to go into food science so I’ve thought about that but I’m not sure.
I know I want to take biology, chemistry and geography but after that I’m not sure. I’m kinda torn between doing maths, spanish and/or an epq. One of the sixth forms I want to go to requires four a levels in year 1/ then you can drop one / do and epq later on. The other sixth form I want to go to allows you to just do three and an epq or four or four and an epq so I’m not too sure.

Should I do maths, spanish and/or an epq?
(edited 3 months ago)
These are my GCSEs in the current, predicted format:
Maths 9-, 9
English Language 8,8
English Literature 7, 8
Biology 9, 9
Chemistry 9, 9
Physics 8, 8
RS 8, 9
Food 9, 9
Geography 9, 9
Spanish 9, 9
Computing 7, 7
Original post by agent_duck343
I’m in year 11 currently and am stressing so much about what to pick. Two weeks ago I was completely sure on what I was going to pick and where I was going but now I’m not too sure.
I know I want to take biology, chemistry and geography but after that I’m not sure. I’m kinda torn between doing maths, spanish and/or an epq. One of the sixth forms I want to go to requires four a levels in year 1/ then you can drop one / do and epq later on. The other sixth form I want to go to allows you to just do three and an epq or four or four and an epq so I’m not too sure.

Should I do maths, spanish and/or an epq?

Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Spanish would leave your options open to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial and UCL for Natural Sciences, Economics, Medicine, Law and even Spanish with another language. 😉
Original post by thegeek888
Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Spanish would leave your options open to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial and UCL for Natural Sciences, Economics, Medicine, Law and even Spanish with another language. 😉

Heyyy
Thank you for your reply.
I forgot to mention in the OP (I’ve edited it now) but I know what I want to do and I would like to go into food science so it’s not really the uni courses I’m unsure of
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
Thank you for your reply.
I forgot to mention in the OP (I’ve edited it now) but I know what I want to do and I would like to go into food science so it’s not really the uni courses I’m unsure of

Food Science would definitely require Chemistry and Biology and some science degrees ask for Maths and the fourth subject could be Spanish. Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the world after Chinese. 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest