The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Official University of Southampton Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got an offer for physiotherapy?
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by medic0975

Hi 😊.

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Southampton for 2024.

Meet and chat to other applicants applying here.

Here are some icebreaker questions, but feel free to ask whatever you want regarding Southampton.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Southampton do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Southampton specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

The general website for the university can be found [url=
Just got an offer for Psychology (contextual ABB) today! My predicteds are A*AA in Maths, Further Maths, Psychology. Anyone else applied for psychology?
I applied to a postgrad course on 06/12 and my application status is still "Submitted" and until now haven't received any messages regarding my application. does this seem right?
Reply 44
Original post by cordilily
Got my conditional offer early novemebr for Biomedical Engineering!

Congrats!! I applied for biomed engineering as well, how long did it take for them to get back to you??
Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone received a geography offer yet?

yes i got one for BA around a week ago
Reply 46
i got a conditional offer for Mchem chemistry degree
Reply 47
Hi I got an offer months ago for BA Human Geography and since then I got emails telling me to attend an offer holder day. I am thinking about putting Southampton as my insurance choice and also already attended their open day. I live around 2 and a half hours away, is going to the offer holder day recommended?
Original post by Zantu
Hi I got an offer months ago for BA Human Geography and since then I got emails telling me to attend an offer holder day. I am thinking about putting Southampton as my insurance choice and also already attended their open day. I live around 2 and a half hours away, is going to the offer holder day recommended?

Hi,

I would recommend going to a Visit day. Visit days generally are built around your course so you will learn more about your course. You will have a chance to have a taster lecture. Also, you will be able to meet the lecturers and other offer holders and therefore, get a better feel for what it would be like to study your course there.

However, there will be virtual visit events which you may prefer and you can still find out information about the University from there. They will email the dates when they have been released for your subject. There is also lots of information on the university website regarding accomodation and university life. The relevant links can be found on the offer holder page here.

Best wishes,
Gulcin
2nd Year PPE Student
Hey I have had my law offer. 😆 happy to connect with anyone
Reply 50
Hi, I applied on 11 Dec but heard nothing yet. Anyone else got an offer for Comp Sci from Southampton yet?
Got an offer for physio!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Got an offer for physio!

Congratulations! Anyone got an offer for Chemical Engineering?
Reply 53
Original post by Jas206
i got a conditional offer for Mchem chemistry degree

i applied for bsc chem
Submitted my MA Creative Writing application the other day - completed my undergrad at Soton so hoping to come back!
hi! I just got an offer for bsc accounting and finance and booked an offer holder day in feb, because I don't live locally I'll be attending with my mum, is this okay? I didn't see any info about if parents are/aren't allowed to come so I was just double checking! :smile:
Original post by jadeiscool
hi! I just got an offer for bsc accounting and finance and booked an offer holder day in feb, because I don't live locally I'll be attending with my mum, is this okay? I didn't see any info about if parents are/aren't allowed to come so I was just double checking! :smile:

Yes parents are usually allowed to attend too.
Reply 57
Original post by ruslanarutledge
Just got an offer for Psychology (contextual ABB) today! My predicteds are A*AA in Maths, Further Maths, Psychology. Anyone else applied for psychology?

Hi there! I also applied for psychology and recieved an offer (AAB)
Is Southampton your first choice?
Reply 58
Original post by ruslanarutledge

I also have an ABB contextual offer for psych! Southampton is my first choice too :smile:
Hello,

[start]Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋[/start]
Congratulations to all who have received their offers so far! Very glad to answer any questions you might have about the university and the city.

Don’t hesitate to reach out!

[start]Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)[/start]
[start]https://www.southampton.ac.uk[/start]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending