The Student Room Group

should i buy an apple pencil (from amazon) for my studies?

hi, i have been debating this for a while but i want to read what you guys think.
i am currently doing gcses and i have pretty much have my notes and i also have a printer and computer at home so i am wondering if buying an pencil for my ipad is worth it especially when i am going for sixth form..

but when thinking of sixth form, i don’t know if i will want to do my notes on my ipad because a lot of sixth forms don’t allow ipads in classes so i want to stick to folders and papers but with practice questions and past papers etc, i will have to print and buy ink all the time but idk?? should i wait till uni or buy one now??

thanks!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by studyisnotbad
hi, i have been debating this for a while but i want to read what you guys think.
i am currently doing gcses and i have pretty much have my notes and i also have a printer and computer at home so i am wondering if buying an pencil for my ipad is worth it especially when i am going for sixth form..

but when thinking of sixth form, i don’t know if i will want to do my notes on my ipad because a lot of sixth forms don’t allow ipads in classes so i want to stick to folders and papers but with practice questions and past papers etc, i will have to print and buy ink all the time but idk?? should i wait till uni or buy one now??

thanks!!! :smile:

hey,
i got an iPad for sixth form, and you’re right in saying most subjects don’t allow you to use an ipad/ laptop for notes (it’s because the exam is written on paper, so you need to be able to write quickly on paper), however i find my (Amazon) Apple Pencil super useful. i do Drama and English language, so it’s great to be able to annotate my set texts and extracts without printing them off, and with an ipad you can use Apple Books to highlight and annotate, so it’s a lot easier than annotating a physical copy. they’re not super expensive, so id say you might as well, what have you got to lose?
Mine was very useful for notes and annotating slides, and invaluable for past papers. Try to get a student or damaged box discount, though.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest