The Student Room Group

MacBook vs iPad !

Hey, my college is starting in a couple of weeks. I want to know what would be more suitable for college: an iPad or a MacBook.
Reply 1
A MacBook without a doubt.
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
A MacBook without a doubt.

Thanku
Reply 3
Original post by Inara_
Thanku

No worries! :smile:
Laptop is definitely better if I had to choose, having a proper full-size keyboard and desktop software is probably more important. But for the price of a new base M1 MacBook Air, you could probably buy a 9th Gen iPad and a second hand M1 MBA with a bit left over to buy an Apple Pencil. Just something to keep in mind if you don't mind shopping second hand.
Reply 5
Original post by Inara_
Hey, my college is starting in a couple of weeks. I want to know what would be more suitable for college: an iPad or a MacBook.

A laptop for typing notes definitely. But a lot of people use the Ipad for writing notes with the Apple pencil, so bear that in mind if that is something you want to do. You can also make the IPAD into somewhat of a laptop with the Apple Magic Keyboard.
Reply 6
Original post by fizzyizzy05
Laptop is definitely better if I had to choose, having a proper full-size keyboard and desktop software is probably more important. But for the price of a new base M1 MacBook Air, you could probably buy a 9th Gen iPad and a second hand M1 MBA with a bit left over to buy an Apple Pencil. Just something to keep in mind if you don't mind shopping second hand.

Yeh that’s quite an idea. Thankyou so much
Reply 7
Original post by NeoGalaxy
A laptop for typing notes definitely. But a lot of people use the Ipad for writing notes with the Apple pencil, so bear that in mind if that is something you want to do. You can also make the IPAD into somewhat of a laptop with the Apple Magic Keyboard.

Tbh those aesthetic insta reels have affected me a lot 😭. Thankyou so much your feedback means alot.
Reply 8
It really depends on what you're studying, if you do something Maths or Physics related it would definitely be easier with an iPad and apple pencil. A MacBook however is better generally in the long run with whatever you'll do.

Apple do yearly student deals with unidays before term starts so you could look into that. Alternatively, I don't think it's widely known that apple sells certified refurbished products for cheaper and are basically brand new, they put a fresh body, battery and includes the 1 year warranty. If you just search up Apple Certified Refurbished it'll come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending