The Student Room Group

Should I get an iPad or a laptop (or something else)?

I am going to study Economics and Finance at Surrey this year, and I’m not sure if I should buy an iPad or a laptop, or maybe something else. I already have a desktop PC. Any help will be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by NeilOB9
I am going to study Economics and Finance at Surrey this year, and I’m not sure if I should buy an iPad or a laptop, or maybe something else. I already have a desktop PC. Any help will be much appreciated.

Definitely a laptop without a second thought.
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj

could i ask why? I’m trying to decide the same thing
Why is this even a question for some people? Tablet is more easily portable but minus that, I fail to see the benefits in it over a laptop?…
Reply 4
Original post by NeilOB9

you can usually find computers at the uni so I'd probably go with an iPad as you can get the Apple Pencil which is super useful for making notes/ annotating the slides and also writing out all the calculations and stuff :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by annangould
could i ask why? I’m trying to decide the same thing

A laptop is more capable of doing things than an iPad can do because of its high-end components. Screen size and file management could be another factor. There are other factors too such as compatibility, limitation of ports and multitasking.
Reply 6
Original post by Meheraj

Thank you 🙏
Reply 7
Original post by NeilOB9
Thank you 🙏

You're very welcome! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending