The Student Room Group

Could I get all 9s with these predictions?

I'm currently in year 11 and I would do anything for all 9s, so with these predictions could I achieve this, and if so, how can I do it?

English Lang - 8
English Lit - 8
Maths - 9
R.E. - 9
Business - 9
History - 9
Spanish - 8
Science - 8-7 (But I'm expected to do triple science this year, so I don't know how that works, yet in year 10 individually I achieve Chem and Bio - 8, Physics - 7)

Please give me some realistic advice on how, if I can, achieve this !!
hello ms :smile:

i would find the standards for a 9 in each subject and do what is necessary to achieve the grade

i don't have subject-specific advice, but hopefully someone comes and shares...
You could get 9's in each subject no matter your predicted. You have much better predicted grades than some people I know who got all 9's.

Predicted mean absolutely nothing though unless you put effort in. That's all it comes down to in the end
Revise
Reply 4
Revise and practise on past year's questions. Try to identify what questions are coming out each year and take notes, then revise more on those topics. If you can identify the pattern of questions coming out each year you may be able to predict what questions will come out. Hope these tips will help you. Your grades are good. I am confident you will get straight 9s with your dedication.

Good Luck!
Reply 5
Predictions are not always accurate. Clearly you have highly predicted grades which suggest you will do well. But, remember you can always get higher or lower. Depends on how much and how you revise. To give you an accurate prediction on what you probably would if you were to sit it today are looking at your test scores from exams sat in class as normally some teachers predict you a whole grade or even rarely 2 grades higher then what you are currently are getting.

Advise I could give for lit is check up on the CGP books and for science if you are doing aqa is to order the Oxford Revise books.
It’s all relative - if you barely revise between now and GCSEs, regardless of your predictions, you’re not likely to get all 9s.

If you work hard, and put effort into your subjects, you’re more likely to get all 9s.

In terms of subject specific guidance;
English - quotations, practice papers + techniques
Maths - practice questions, past papers, video tutorials
Science - textbooks, videos + past papers
Spanish - listening to duolingos podcast is really helpful, watching movies/shows in Spanish w subtitles, Duolingo, learning 10 or so vocab words a week, learning grammar rules, speaking aloud
RE - quotations, paragraph structure, textbook

To give you a little idea of some of the things I’m doing :smile:
Reply 7
If you're doing combined science and you're committed to getting all 9s you definitely could achieve a 9-9. I did combined science, and i admit i didn't do as much revision as i should've for my GCSEs. I got a 8-7 in science and got 6s in all my other subjects. Im in year 13 now doing bio chem and psychology. A 9-9 in science is definitely achievable by looking at your other stats (by comparing them to mine and what i actually got in science lol). Past papers are your best friend and use the spec.

Quick Reply

Latest