The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Is bath changing their computer science entry requirements?

So I had a university fair today at school and bath university was there. I was talking to them about entry requirements and they told me it had changed from a*aa to a*a*a. I just wanted to know if anyone else know if this is true?
Reply 1
Original post by eben_1025
So I had a university fair today at school and bath university was there. I was talking to them about entry requirements and they told me it had changed from a*aa to a*a*a. I just wanted to know if anyone else know if this is true?

It does look that way - when you go to Bath website it has A*AA for 2023 entry, but A*A*A for 2024 entry.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Yes, as its one of the most competitive CS courses in the UK - and why would you think that Bath Uni staff would lie about this at a UCAS Fair ......
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Yes, as its one of the most competitive CS courses in the UK - and why would you think that Bath Uni staff would lie about this at a UCAS Fair ......

I can see why they changed the policy to guaranteed offers instead of reduced offers now...
Reply 4
Original post by mesub
I can see why they changed the policy to guaranteed offers instead of reduced offers now...

What do you mean by 'guaranteed offers'?
No-one is guaranteed an offer ......
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
What do you mean by 'guaranteed offers'?
No-one is guaranteed an offer ......

If you scroll down here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/discover-bath/
Reply 6

"In order to be eligible, (Discover Bath) applicants will need to have demonstrated an interest in the subject and meet the minimum entry and subject requirements for the course they have applied for."

So its only 'guaranteed' if you meet the entry requirements - and most applicants who meet the basic entry requirements get an offer from Bath anyway so its not that much of a bonus.

Quick Reply

Latest