The Student Room Group

Regretting A level choices

I'm currently a 17 year old Year 13 student studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths A-levels. I regret picking biology and want to do physics so that I can pick an engineering related course on UCAS, but it's too late to change. Any advice? Am I able to study A level physics next year? If so, when would I restart my UCAS application?
Of course, it depends on which type of engineering you want to do. Have you looked at what the entry requirements for engineering courses are? Many require maths rather than physics, which you have.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Try looking at biomedical/medical engineering degrees? First three I found from Google wanted Maths, or Maths OR Physics.
Original post by adammustafa35
I'm currently a 17 year old Year 13 student studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths A-levels. I regret picking biology and want to do physics so that I can pick an engineering related course on UCAS, but it's too late to change. Any advice? Am I able to study A level physics next year? If so, when would I restart my UCAS application?

Many universities dont require Physics for Engineering courses. Typically chemical or civil engineering courses are less likely to require Physics than Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.

You might need to do a bit of research and it might limit your choices.

The alternative might be to take a foundation year.
Original post by swanseajack1
Many universities dont require Physics for Engineering courses. Typically chemical or civil engineering courses are less likely to require Physics than Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.

You might need to do a bit of research and it might limit your choices.

The alternative might be to take a foundation year.

Here is an example from Bath who do not require Physics for Civil Engineering

A level - A*AA

A level Typical offer A*AA in three A levels including Mathematics.

Here is an example for Bristol for Mechanical Engineering

Standard offer: A*AA including A*A (in any order) in Mathematics and any one of Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics or Computer Science

Electrical Engineering at Nottingham

A level - ABB

including mathematics and one of electronics, computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, further mathematics, design and technology: systems control or design and technology: design engineering
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending