The Student Room Group

Phone Addiction

I am terribly addicted to my phone and I don't know what to do.I had attempted a lot to combat this addiction but could not stay consistent.It is negatively affecting my personal life and I am still unable to change anything.Since the start of COVID-19 ,this problem arose.I really don't know what to do.Exams are coming near.I know that I'm gonna be the sufferer if I don't change myself soon.My parents scold me too.Still,I am unable to do anything...
Reply 1
Original post by Anlasan
I am terribly addicted to my phone and I don't know what to do.I had attempted a lot to combat this addiction but could not stay consistent.It is negatively affecting my personal life and I am still unable to change anything.Since the start of COVID-19 ,this problem arose.I really don't know what to do.Exams are coming near.I know that I'm gonna be the sufferer if I don't change myself soon.My parents scold me too.Still,I am unable to do anything...

Maybe set timers on ur phone on the apps that are rlly problematic get someone that u trust will enforce the rules to set a password so u can't keep adding time I know samsung u can just set timers from the digital wellbeing part of settings but for apple or othe phone u cam get apps to help u ( sorry don't have any examples) or u can just ask someone close to just take away your phone. Sorry I hope that helps good luck the timers helped me with my phone addiction particularly with certain apps. Good luck
Original post by Anlasan

I'm in the same boat, my screentime is extremely high but it's starting going down. I don't set screentime limits because I know I'll just enter the password and watch more. To lower my screentime, I've deleted any apps that I can scroll on/don't use the apps (e.g - I use YT but I don't go on YT Shorts) and I try to talk to my sister or draw as it's one of my hobbies. Setting timers before 15 and 10 minutes before I sleep helps me aswell. Eating without my devices also helps aswell. Personally, I'm still struggling and my screentime is still quite high but I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest