The Student Room Group

Is it depression?

So I've had depression before and I constantly cried but now I feel kind of numb. I feel drained speaking to anyone (even family members). I do enjoy doing stuff still but I also just feel tired all the time and I don't seem to cry. Am I burnt out, depressed, emotionally exhausted or something else?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I've had depression before and I constantly cried but now I feel kind of numb. I feel drained speaking to anyone (even family members). I do enjoy doing stuff still but I also just feel tired all the time and I don't seem to cry. Am I burnt out, depressed, emotionally exhausted or something else?

You're most probably going through an emotional trauma. When people are pushed to the limit mentally, they lose emotions and start behaving like stone. Try to avoid things that are bothering you. Hopefully, you'll feel better.
(edited 7 months ago)
I was diagnosed with depression once and felt the same way. Don't give up though, things will get better if you keep moving forward.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Feeling numb is a common symptom of depression. People often think of depression as being sad and crying, but it can also refer to lack of positive emotions, and feeling numb or empty. If this is causing you problems, you could seek support from your GP.
I would recommend trying to speak to a doctor or a trusted adult
Whether it's a depressive episode or not what your going through your struggling with and getting support will help
I know it's really hard to speak to people but sometimes it can make everything a lot easier

Quick Reply

Latest