The Student Room Group

How do I talk to my teacher

In summary, I got a detention for PE because I 'asked' someone to switch classes with me. The lesson was to decide which class to sort people into. Now, I got the detention before they signed my name off on any class. So I don't know what class I'm meant to be in and I don't know how to go and ask my PE teacher which class I'm in because I'm scared she's going to go on a rant. My main worry is that I'm going to start crying (again) because she terrifies me.
I am confused, how did you ask someone to switch classes if you didn't know which class you were gonna be in yet?
Ah well, you don't have a choice really.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous0305
I am confused, how did you ask someone to switch classes if you didn't know which class you were gonna be in yet?

They put us into classes and then were going to take a register. That's when I asked someone to switch classes, and then the teachers skipped me when writing the register
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
In summary, I got a detention for PE because I 'asked' someone to switch classes with me. The lesson was to decide which class to sort people into. Now, I got the detention before they signed my name off on any class. So I don't know what class I'm meant to be in and I don't know how to go and ask my PE teacher which class I'm in because I'm scared she's going to go on a rant. My main worry is that I'm going to start crying (again) because she terrifies me.

Do you have a guidance teacher or someone alike you can go to instead?
You could always rope in your head of year or (as swsummer said) guidance teacher. If you just send an email instead and say "I wasn't assigned a class, could you please let me know where I should go", then you wouldn't even have to face the teacher, and it's very matter of fact. Instead of over apologising you can take a matter-at-hand kind of approach where you appear stronger and are just trying to sort out a problem. As long as you don't seem cocky or annoying. This teacher doesn't sound very nice if that's the way they reacted, but many teachers especially sports teachers are like that, you just have to find a way to stand your ground sometimes.
Original post by Anonymous0305
You could always rope in your head of year or (as swsummer said) guidance teacher. If you just send an email instead and say "I wasn't assigned a class, could you please let me know where I should go", then you wouldn't even have to face the teacher, and it's very matter of fact. Instead of over apologising you can take a matter-at-hand kind of approach where you appear stronger and are just trying to sort out a problem. As long as you don't seem cocky or annoying. This teacher doesn't sound very nice if that's the way they reacted, but many teachers especially sports teachers are like that, you just have to find a way to stand your ground sometimes.

You're aware you'd still likely just get told to go talk to your teacher who was handling this task? You can't just opt out of dealing with them, you say the OP wouldn't have to face the teacher... that doesn't sound realistic going forward, does it?

Bearing in mind the OP is already in trouble for dishonesty and trying to get out of this class.. going to the head of year and trying to essentially blame the teacher for this sounds exceptionally stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest