Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
Exactly!! Everyone I know who applied to warwick econ found out so quickly

Do you know of anybody this time who’s got an offer?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by aak04

I wouldn’t worry tbh. On last years offer spreadsheet, IIRC the first offer for Econ was early/mid November. It looks like the same few courses they’re already giving offers for (Maths, CS, Politics etc.) and I personally haven’t seen a single person get an offer for Economics so far. I assume when they do start giving offers out for Econ, it’ll be in a batch so would be pretty noticeable on forums.
Reply 62
Original post by Talkative Toad
1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Warwick do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Warwick specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

1) English lit, psychology and history
2) English lit course, looks really interesting and it's all coursework which is great
3) predicted A*AA at a-level, got AAAB in my AS
4)Idk I needed another option lol
5)none
6) no
7) excited just get me there already
8) reading, liverpool, manchester,
Original post by aak04

No they're from last year and a couple of years before, i don't know anybody who's got one yet this year
Exactly!! Everyone I know who applied to warwick econ found out so quickly

hope we all find out soon! the wait is killing me 😩 literal dream course
Reply 65
Original post by upthechels
hope we all find out soon! the wait is killing me 😩 literal dream course

Where else have you applied for Econ? + what subjects you taking?
Reply 66
Original post by coooolguy
Can I ask when did you apply? Are u home student or Intl?

I study A level but I'm international, I applied about 2 weeks ago.
Reply 67
Original post by harvey_specterx
Where else did u apply?

Cambridge, IC, Edinburgh and Bath
Original post by s2715
Where else have you applied for Econ? + what subjects you taking?

oxford, exeter, bath and lancaster! i take maths chemistry and geo (my school doesnt offer FM or econ) hbu?
Thanks everyone for posting. I was just checking here to see if anyone has received an offer for Economics from Warwick. My daughter applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and King's College for Economics. However, I advised her to swap kings college for another university because it's not wise to make the 5 choices to be all highly competitive universities. I suggested university of Leeds but she decided to go for Bristol. Two days after submitting her application, she swapped King's College for University of Bristol. 9 days after the swap, which was two days ago, she got an Offer from Bristol. She did mention that the TMUA exam for Cambridge was tough. It's good to add atleast one less competitive university as a choice.
Thanks everyone for posting. I was just checking here to see if anyone has received an offer for Economics from Warwick. My daughter applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and King's College for Economics. However, I advised her to swap kings college for another university because it's not wise to make the 5 choices to be all highly competitive universities. I suggested university of Leeds but she decided to go for Bristol. Two days after submitting her application, she swapped King's College for University of Bristol. 9 days after the swap, which was two days ago, she got an Offer from Bristol. She did mention that the TMUA exam for Cambridge was tough. It's good to add atleast one less competitive university as a choice.

I don't think anyone has gotten an offer for Warwick Economics so far. I've seen a few for PPE but none at all for pure Economics.

Btw, what subjects is your daughter taking and what are her predicteds?

That was great advice, as too many people apply for just highly competitive Economics course and they get to say March/April and are stressed as they still have no offers, or in the worst case they get rejected by all, even with great grades. Bristol is still a great uni so well done to her for getting an offer.
Original post by jobajojoba
I don't think anyone has gotten an offer for Warwick Economics so far. I've seen a few for PPE but none at all for pure Economics.

Btw, what subjects is your daughter taking and what are her predicteds?

Thanks a lot for the info. I am feeling really nervous as if I'm the one going to Uni. She's taking Maths, Further Maths, Economics and French. She's predicted 4 A*s and achieved 11 9s in all her GCSE subjects to the glory of God. Those top uni's are very unpredictable though when it comes to offers. One still needs prayers and divine intervention.
That was great advice, as too many people apply for just highly competitive Economics course and they get to say March/April and are stressed as they still have no offers, or in the worst case they get rejected by all, even with great grades. Bristol is still a great uni so well done to her for getting an offer.

Thanks a lot. Yes you're right. Putting all top unis risk potential of not getting a single offer by March and that alone can cause sleepless nights, so I had to step in as her mum to advise her. She's quite happy that she's holding the Bristol offer now. The modules they offer for their BSC Economics is quite rich as well, it shows good job prospects.
Thanks a lot. Yes you're right. Putting all top unis risk potential of not getting a single offer by March and that alone can cause sleepless nights, so I had to step in as her mum to advise her. She's quite happy that she's holding the Bristol offer now. The modules they offer for their BSC Economics is quite rich as well, it shows good job prospects.

...plus even if you get an offer from from one of the hyper competitive unis, you still need somewhere to put as your insurance choice, which needs to have lower entry requirements in case you have an exam hiccup.
...plus even if you get an offer from from one of the hyper competitive unis, you still need somewhere to put as your insurance choice, which needs to have lower entry requirements in case you have an exam hiccup.

Yes, definitely!
just got a history offer!!! very happy :smile:
Original post by vanyaaaaaaaa
just got a history offer!!! very happy :smile:

Wonderful! Congratulations! Very good news.
Wonderful! Congratulations! Very good news.

thank you so much <3
Hi - does anyone know if Warwick send out offers then rejections? Sent mine in on 12th oct: maths. Notice a lot of maths offers out and for applications submitted after mine. Am thinking it might be rejected but not sure if they're swift with rejections or do them after they've got enough offers out?

Quick Reply

Latest