The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Picking course modules

Hi everyone, i got an email about picking course modules. In my course i can pick 2 optional modules from each semester. Is it common for people not to pick 2 / can i only pick 1 in 1 semester if the others dont interest me? Thanks
Original post by wkathryn17
Hi everyone, i got an email about picking course modules. In my course i can pick 2 optional modules from each semester. Is it common for people not to pick 2 / can i only pick 1 in 1 semester if the others dont interest me? Thanks

Hi @wkathryn17

To pass the year you are usually expected to complete a certain amount of credits. This means it is likely you will have to pick a set amount for each semester as requested.

At the bottom of your course page there will be a course email address which can give you more help if you need.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do ask.

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
hi, i've made my decision on modules, but on semester 2 there is a module i would really like to do. it says that it's highly reccommended you complete this other part in semester 1 first, but i'm not going to be doing that one. how difficult will i find this module if i dont do the other module in sem 1?
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @wkathryn17

To pass the year you are usually expected to complete a certain amount of credits. This means it is likely you will have to pick a set amount for each semester as requested.

At the bottom of your course page there will be a course email address which can give you more help if you need.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do ask.

Alex
hi, i've made my decision on modules, but on semester 2 there is a module i would really like to do. it says that it's highly reccommended you complete this other part in semester 1 first, but i'm not going to be doing that one. how difficult will i find this module if i dont do the other module in sem 1?

Hi @wkathryn17

I understand some modules have pre-requisites but I wouldn't want to give you the wrong information so I would recommend using the email provided at the bottom of your specific course page and they will be able to help further.

I hope this helps :smile:

Alex
(edited 7 months ago)

As above, you will be expected to take the full number of credits needed for each year. You won't graduate with an honours degree if you do not complete a full credit load every year. Thus you do need to pick 2 optional modules.

Note in some cases it may be permissible to have an "unbalanced" load across two semesters (e.g. 5 modules one semester and 3 the other) but this is pretty strongly discouraged even at unis which do allow it in my experience.

As above you should check with the course leader. It's probably not an arbitrary recommendation and so depending on what the module is you might realistically need to have done that module or something similar, either at the uni or elsewhere before.

If you don't take the 1st term module then I would at least suggest seeing if you can attend the lectures, if you plan to take this other module in 2nd term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending