The Student Room Group

politics and philosophy yr 13 student

is it worth doing a joint honours degree (politics and philosophy) is it double the work???? currently doing ucas application
Hi,

I am currently a PPE student. A Philosophy and Politics degree is not double the work. It just means you do less on each subject. So, you would half of the philosophy a Philosophy student would do and half of the Politics that a Politics student would do. I would recommend doing joint honours as it gives you greater flexibility to pick from a larger variety of modules.

However, if there is one subject you prefer out of the two and would like to concentrate on that mostly then it is better to just pick that subject only and not do joint honours. As part of your degree, in many universities, you can pick modules outside your course so can still study a few modules from another subject while focusing mainly on the subject you have chosen.

Best Wishes,
Gulcin
Student Ambassador
University of Southampton
Original post by SophieDirda
is it worth doing a joint honours degree (politics and philosophy) is it double the work???? currently doing ucas application

Hi Sophie

I would recommend doing a joint honours degree as it allows you to study two separate courses that you really enjoy, the way my university did it was 50% of your time was spent on one part of your course and 50% was spent on the other, I studied politics and international relations.

Sasha
-Graduate Advocate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending