The Student Room Group

Worried about predicted grades

Due to mental health reasons, I missed a lot of lessons in year 12, and despite working really hard I came out with ACC, when I wanted AAB at the absolute minimum.

For my predicted grades, I need A*AA, and I know I can get this if I put the work in but I'm still worried about predicted grades. Is it worth retaking year 12?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by measley_weasley
Due to mental health reasons, I missed a lot of lessons in year 12, and despite working really hard I came out with ACC, when I wanted AAB at the absolute minimum.

For my predicted grades, I need A*AA, and I know I can get this if I put the work in but I'm still worried about predicted grades. Is it worth retaking year 12?

This is a question for your school / college, for it is they who predict your grades. They make those predictions based upon evidence and experience. Those most recent evidence that have are your ACC grades at the end of year 12. Is that the only evidence they use? Have you asked?

Ask your school / college what you can do to persuade them that an A*AA prediction would be reasonable. They might suggest retaking one or more of your end-of-year 12 exams, or gaining very high marks in upcoming end-of-topic tests.

The general advice is that predicted grades should be optimistic but also realistic. Those are the constraints your school / college will be working within, based upon the evidence they have at hand.
Thank you! I'm resitting my chemistry exam (I got a C) on Wednesday so hopefully that will help. My head of sixth form believes I can do really well, and knows how hard working I am not that I am in recovery. I will talk to my chemistry teacher.

Thank you so so much.
:smile:
Original post by DataVenia)This is a question for your school / college, for it is they who predict your grades. They make those predictions based upon evidence and experience. Those most recent evidence that have are your ACC grades at the end of year 12. Is that the only evidence they use? Have you asked?

Ask your school / college what you can do to persuade them that an A*AA prediction would be reasonable. They might suggest retaking one or more of your end-of-year 12 exams, or gaining very high marks in upcoming end-of-topic tests.

The general advice is that predicted grades should be optimistic but also realistic. Those are the constraints your school / college will be working within, based upon the evidence they have at hand.

Quick Reply

Latest