The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Arriving late to UoM,delayed Visa

Hi, start date for my course is 18th September for University of Manchester but due to delays in receiving my CAS I applied last Tuesday and my biometrics centre only had the standard visa application option. I will definitely not arrive before start date. What do I do? Will it affect UKVI decision as start date is indicated on the CAS. Just freaking out here. Full fees have been paid. What happens to my accomodation?
Reply 1
Original post by Abun20
Hi, start date for my course is 18th September for University of Manchester but due to delays in receiving my CAS I applied last Tuesday and my biometrics centre only had the standard visa application option. I will definitely not arrive before start date. What do I do? Will it affect UKVI decision as start date is indicated on the CAS. Just freaking out here. Full fees have been paid. What happens to my accomodation?

As far as I'm concerned, most universities suggest deferring the course and grabbing the following intake when someone doesn't arrive before the deadline. Anyway, just contact the university and let them know about your situation. Also, did you inform them when you were going to apply for the visa and approximately how many days it can take to get it? If you did, they should've let you know what to do exactly.
(edited 7 months ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending