The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation offer at Swansea

I applied for accommodation last month, how long will it take to get an offer? I read online that I should only accept an accommodation offer once I received my visa? Are they waiting till I applied for that? I already received my CAS, and now I'm worried that I won't get accommodation until I apply for visa, which I was only planning on doing in late june.
Hi @anonymous #1, I hope all is well.

Hopefully, you will get an update on accommodation soon - it's a very busy time for accommodation applications but rest assured that we will be reviewing and confirming places as soon we can. These webpages might be useful for guidance on timelines and the different stages of the application process - you can also contact our Residential Services team by phone or email if you have any specific questions.

We do advise international students to obtain their Visa before accepting accommodation offers - this is to ensure you do not enter into a contract before you are able to arrive in time for the start of your studies. Our International@CampusLife team are also available to support with any specific queries you may have.

I hope this information helps a little. Feel free to reach out again if you need anything else.

Gethin (Future Students Team).
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi @anonymous #1, I hope all is well.

Hopefully, you will get an update on accommodation soon - it's a very busy time for accommodation applications but rest assured that we will be reviewing and confirming places as soon we can. These webpages might be useful for guidance on timelines and the different stages of the application process - you can also contact our Residential Services team by phone or email if you have any specific questions.

We do advise international students to obtain their Visa before accepting accommodation offers - this is to ensure you do not enter into a contract before you are able to arrive in time for the start of your studies. Our International@CampusLife team are also available to support with any specific queries you may have.

I hope this information helps a little. Feel free to reach out again if you need anything else.

Gethin (Future Students Team).

same question i need accommodation offer as soon as possible, I can not book ticket before the offer
Reply 3
Original post by Haya12345
same question i need accommodation offer as soon as possible, I can not book ticket before the offer

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue! May I ask what you will be studying at Swansea? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue! May I ask what you will be studying at Swansea? :smile:

Yes I understand what is your feeling, I will study Msc computer science but I will start presession course in July what about you?
Reply 5
Original post by Haya12345
Yes I understand what is your feeling, I will study Msc computer science but I will start presession course in July what about you?

I'm a little late to replying, sorry about that. I will be starting the BSc. Zoology in September. How did things work out for you and your accommodation? Hope you have fun on your presession course! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a little late to replying, sorry about that. I will be starting the BSc. Zoology in September. How did things work out for you and your accommodation? Hope you have fun on your presession course! :smile:

No fun in presession 😁 very hard alots of task everyday.. Busy do not have time to relax

Quick Reply

Latest