The Student Room Group

Late submission of assessment

I was dealing with mental stress and just couldn't complete my assessment. Every time i pick it up to work on it I get distracted with raging thoughts and headaches. I have completed it now but I cant submit because the submission portal is closed on moodle.

I am so scared that this would affect my Visa, its my first module and I arrived in the UK very late due to visa delays so I missed all the lectures.

I too scared to met with the module tutor.
Original post by Anonymous
I was dealing with mental stress and just couldn't complete my assessment. Every time i pick it up to work on it I get distracted with raging thoughts and headaches. I have completed it now but I cant submit because the submission portal is closed on moodle.

I am so scared that this would affect my Visa, its my first module and I arrived in the UK very late due to visa delays so I missed all the lectures.

If you bury you head in the sand and hope the problem goes away, things will only get worse. Contact your module tutor, explain the situation, and ask for their help. You'll be glad that you did.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi Anon,

I'm sorry you've been under so much mental stress, I hope it has eased a little since.

As mentioned above, reach out to your module tutor as soon as possible. If you have an academic tutor/personal tutor assigned to you by your university, I'd also recommend reaching out to them to discuss so they are aware of what's going on. The more up-to-date the university is, the more they are able to help you and the quicker things can be sorted out.

In terms of this piece or work, hopefully you will either be able to get an extension retrospectively applied (although its much easier to apply for an extension before the deadline) or at least still get it marked with a deduction for lateness. I hope you are able to get feedback on it, and well done for managing to complete the work and catch up despite how difficult its been for you.

Good luck,
Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you’re dealing with a lot of stress at the moment! You’ve had some great advice above but I would also say it may be worth reaching out to student support if you’re hesitant to reach out the the module leader as they may be able to help you!

Best of luck with everything!
Natalie
Reply 4
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi Anon,

I'm sorry you've been under so much mental stress, I hope it has eased a little since.

As mentioned above, reach out to your module tutor as soon as possible. If you have an academic tutor/personal tutor assigned to you by your university, I'd also recommend reaching out to them to discuss so they are aware of what's going on. The more up-to-date the university is, the more they are able to help you and the quicker things can be sorted out.

In terms of this piece or work, hopefully you will either be able to get an extension retrospectively applied (although its much easier to apply for an extension before the deadline) or at least still get it marked with a deduction for lateness. I hope you are able to get feedback on it, and well done for managing to complete the work and catch up despite how difficult its been for you.

Good luck,
Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thank you so much Rebecca, I had earlier informed my PAT of my situation. I will just give her an update. I will summon the courage to do so immediately.
I really hope this goes well.

I am just too scared to be kicked out of school because of this.

Thank you once again 🙏
Reply 5
Original post by University of Kent
Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you’re dealing with a lot of stress at the moment! You’ve had some great advice above but I would also say it may be worth reaching out to student support if you’re hesitant to reach out the the module leader as they may be able to help you!

Best of luck with everything!
Natalie

Thank you Natalie,

I will do just that 🙏
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
If you bury you head in the sand and hope the problem goes away, things will only get worse. Contact your module tutor, explain the situation, and ask for their help. You'll be glad that you did.

Thank you 🙏

Hi! Firstly, well done for completing the work despite the struggles you were facing - that is an achievement in and of itself. Secondly, I can understand it’s daunting to get in touch with your module tutor, but it is essential you do so asap. The quicker you get in touch with them, the quicker they can help you. Lecturers just want their students to succeed and if you explain your situation, they may take that into consideration when deciding what to do with that piece of work. Also, if you get in touch with your university’s academic advisors, they may be able to help you apply for an EC (Extenuating Circumstances), which is basically a retrospective extension that can explain missed deadlines, uncompleted work due to health issues, bereavement etc. There’s typically a deadline for EC submissions, so make sure you get in touch soon to see what that is.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending