The Student Room Group

Balancing life

Hey guys can you please give me tips on balancing school, study and gym. I would like to go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I go to school 5 days a week and School ends at 3:10 but i might stay till 4:30 for revision as i am in year 11. I also want to dedicate an hour a day to studying and revision please help.
Make yourself a timetable of your week and put everything you want/need to do in, making sure to leave some time free for yourself as well. Here's a rough idea of what it could look like:

(Mon - Fri)
Sleep - 11pm - 7am (minimum 8hrs please!)
School - 8.30am - 4.30pm
Travel - 4.30pm - 5.00pm
Dinner & Social Media - 5.00pm - 6.00pm
Study/HW - 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Gym - 7.00pm - 8.30pm
Shower & Self-Care - 8.30pm - 9.00pm
Chill time/Hobbies - 9.00pm - 11pm

(Sat/Sun)
Sleep - 12.00am - 9.00am
Study/HW - 10.00am - 11.30am
Lunch - 12.00pm - 1.00pm
See Friends - 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Study/HW - 4.30pm - 6.00pm
Dinner/Social Media - 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Gym - 7.00pm - 8.30pm
Shower & Self-Care - 8.30pm - 9.00pm
Chill time/Hobbies - 9.00pm - 12am

This is just an example of what your schedule could look like, adjust it to suit your own lifestyle obviously. But please, please make sure you're getting at least 8 hours of sleep, especially on school nights - whatever time you absolutely HAVE to get up by, go back 8 hours and make that your bedtime and STICK TO IT. So if you have to be up by 6am, go to bed by 10pm and put your phone away by 9pm, latest. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much, i’m going to use this as a guide line since i hate making schedules i will shift a few things around, thanks so much for the help!
of course, no worries!

and i feel you, idk if you hate following schedules too (i do) but what helps me stick to them is 1) telling myself it's just a rough outline and i dont *HAVE* to follow it but if i do i get a nice treat at the end of the day/week, 2) having an accountability buddy (e.g. friend or classmate who u show evidence of the fact that you have actually been studying to) and 3) giving a copy of your rough schedule to a parent/older sibling and asking them to get on your case to make sure you're actually doing what you say you will XD, 4) having a habit tracker that i fill in daily as it shows my progress over time and makes me feel bad when i dont do something for a while lol and 5) scheduling in fun things that i look forward to as well so that im not bored 24/7 haha

good luck - you got this!

Quick Reply

Latest