The Student Room Group

Grades and Social life balance

I know keeping a balance is the key, but should I be focusing on my social life when my grades are doing well or trying to maintain them?
Original post by KitCat13
I know keeping a balance is the key, but should I be focusing on my social life when my grades are doing well or trying to maintain them?
Hi @KitCat13

If you're grades are currently where you want them, it's good to try and maintain them as best you can. Keeping on top of your work and grades now will make exam season a little less stressful hen the time comes. Keep revision going when you can and prioritize your work.

But, that doesn't mean you can't have a social life too! Maybe balance things out by having plans with friends and family throughout your week, or even just some downtime like a movie night. It's important to have the balance between your work and social life, especially as you approach your exams, so you don't burn out.

Best of luck with your studies!
Emily :smile:
Student Rep at BCU
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @KitCat13
If you're grades are currently where you want them, it's good to try and maintain them as best you can. Keeping on top of your work and grades now will make exam season a little less stressful hen the time comes. Keep revision going when you can and prioritize your work.
But, that doesn't mean you can't have a social life too! Maybe balance things out by having plans with friends and family throughout your week, or even just some downtime like a movie night. It's important to have the balance between your work and social life, especially as you approach your exams, so you don't burn out.
Best of luck with your studies!
Student Rep at BCU
Thank you so much for the response! A movie night every now and again sounds fun, I'll give it a try!
Thank you so much for the response! A movie night every now and again sounds fun, I'll give it a try!
No worries! Absolutely! Sometimes a chill night in or planning in some simple activities or hobbies that you love - but can be forgotten when you're working and revising - can be great stress relievers. Good luck!

Hey there!

Keeping a social life and keeping yourself mentally well is also really important when you're trying to maintain good grades! As long as you can maintain roughly the same working pattern, having a break and a rest is really helpful, I've found it helps me to actually be more productive!

-Rebecca, UCLan Yr4

Quick Reply

Latest