The Student Room Group

Philosophy or Sociology

In terms of content - does A-level Philosophy or A-level sociology have more content? And in terms of understanding - is philosophy or sociology easier to understand? I am aiming to complete one of these subjects in a year and would like to ensure I choose the subject that will pay off at the end of the year. Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by lydial505
In terms of content - does A-level Philosophy or A-level sociology have more content? And in terms of understanding - is philosophy or sociology easier to understand? I am aiming to complete one of these subjects in a year and would like to ensure I choose the subject that will pay off at the end of the year. Thank you!

I think Sociology is easier to understand than philosophy. I took sociology at A-level and found it very enlightening and it really helped me understand human behaviour in a way I'd never thought about before.
Reply 3
Original post by lydial505

Hey!! I studied sociology at A-Level and really enjoyed the subject. I had a friend who did philosophy and didn't enjoy it that much because of the workload. I did AQA sociology and felt as the topics were easy to understand, and I didn't find myself hating revision when studying it. I would choose sociology as it has more diverse topics and can appeal to any interest you have!!
Reply 4
Philosophy, I like to read complex studies

Quick Reply

Latest