The Student Room Group

Best unis to apply to! Help greatly appreciated

Stats are as follows:

UCAT 2790 Band 2
GCSE: 9 X 2, 8 x 6 7 x 3
Predicated As: A*AA
Non-contextual

Any insight would be very welcome. Interested in Birmingham, Leicester, Keele, Manchester - possibly, Liverpool, York Hull. Thanks in advance
Original post by Fi Carr
Stats are as follows:

UCAT 2790 Band 2
Non-contextual

Any insight would be very welcome. Interested in Birmingham, Leicester, Keele, Manchester - possibly, Liverpool, York Hull. Thanks in advance

for leicester you score a maximum of 53.5, which is unlikely to be enough this year. bham depends if you attend a contextual school and what your 7s are in. keele - your personal statement needs to be tailored to their spec. manchester - you're 40 above last year's cutoff, which should be ok. liverpool is fine. hull york you score below last year's cutoff. look at uea, sgul, plymouth, qmul
Reply 2
Really interesting thank you. You are really knowledgeable in all this…. Do you know the scoring system for Leicester this year? Scores for last year were just Ok, and I know they scored GCSEs differently last year to this… so we were wondering where my scores for Leicester would land this year. Do you think they are too low? And, what was cut off for York Hull last year, out if interest? We have not been able to find the number. 7s were in Physics, French, English Lang

Are you a medical student yourself or are you involved in medical schools /application process? Thanks so much again.
Original post by reubenn05
for leicester you score a maximum of 53.5, which is unlikely to be enough this year. bham depends if you attend a contextual school and what your 7s are in. keele - your personal statement needs to be tailored to their spec. manchester - you're 40 above last year's cutoff, which should be ok. liverpool is fine. hull york you score below last year's cutoff. look at uea, sgul, plymouth, qmul
Original post by Fi Carr
Really interesting thank you. You are really knowledgeable in all this…. Do you know the scoring system for Leicester this year? Scores for last year were just Ok, and I know they scored GCSEs differently last year to this… so we were wondering where my scores for Leicester would land this year. Do you think they are too low? And, what was cut off for York Hull last year, out if interest? We have not been able to find the number. 7s were in Physics, French, English Lang

Are you a medical student yourself or are you involved in medical schools /application process? Thanks so much again.

leicester cutoff will probably be around 58. hull york cutoff was 77. bham would be risky then. i am a year 13 student applying this year :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Fi Carr
Stats are as follows:

UCAT 2790 Band 2
Non-contextual

KCL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending