The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Reapplying to Warwick

I got AAB in my A-Levels. I’m aware, not great but I want to go for computer science at warwick. I’m in my gap year running a coding society and have made a portfolio of software development projects. My personal statement looks great when including this all, but I’m worried about the entry grades. Warwick says the typical contextual offer is A*AA. Could my achievements compensate for the difference in grades do you think?

My fallback is engineering which is what I initially applied for last year.
Original post by azzot
I got AAB in my A-Levels. I’m aware, not great but I want to go for computer science at warwick. I’m in my gap year running a coding society and have made a portfolio of software development projects. My personal statement looks great when including this all, but I’m worried about the entry grades. Warwick says the typical contextual offer is A*AA. Could my achievements compensate for the difference in grades do you think?

My fallback is engineering which is what I initially applied for last year.

If you don't meet the grade requirements you are not going to get an offer. Extracurricular activities will not ameliorate poorer academics (which I would note is relative - you have very good grades, but below the standard offer and you have achieved qualifications so you won't get a conditional offer unless resitting, just a straight rejection or unconditional offer).

You should be planning to resit if you want to apply to CS at Warwick.
(edited 7 months ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
If you don't meet the grade requirements you are not going to get an offer. Extracurricular activities will not ameliorate poorer academics (which I would note is relative - you have very good grades, but below the standard offer and you have achieved qualifications so you won't get a conditional offer unless resitting, just a straight rejection or unconditional offer).

You should be planning to resit if you want to apply to CS at Warwick.

Ah alright that sucks. I don’t have the mental effort to re-sit - thanks for your help nonetheless. To be honest I wanted to be surrounded by like-minded people but I guess going for Mech Eng and joining societies should do the job.

Quick Reply

Latest